Tips to keep horses happy whilst living out all through winter

alexomahony

Visit site
Love the photo A. I couldn't do that with mine as she suffers neck arthritis but I have been known before now to put in on her back whilst leading her down the field. And she has carried rugs from the washbox up to the stable.

Yes they may as well be useful ah! I've only don't that a couple of times as I realise it can't be that comfy for them, though they don't seem to mind at all! though at the old yard they did have nets in the field regularly, they'd always carry them back for me (like a scarf!)

My cousin has just been to see them and the grey is absolutely loving life and took her for a 'tour' of his new field haha and the chestnut is totally uninterested and most probably feral by now - he is tricky to catch even in a small field :D

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
hay to eat and field shelter with dry bedding so they can get out of the worst of the weather if they want to
That's the only thing my paddock lacks is shelter. Its quite exposed. But I love the length of it and the fact that it looks like a cricket pitch for most of the year as I try to get rid of weeds and poo pick it reguarly when the mud allows lol.