Tired 2 year old colt... just checking ...

Jericho

Visit site
Bit of background - after a weekend pony shopping in Ireland during January our two Connies arrived here in the East of England a week ago, one is a gelding rising 4 and the other a 2 1/2 yr old colt. Both had been living in over in Ireland. Since here they are in over night and then out together in about an acre until we got to know them - both very friendly, sociable and well handled and they are settled in a routine now of coming in, pick out feet, quick room and rug change and then to bed and evening feed. The last two days we have let them out into the bigger field about 5 acres and they both are just bone tired now when coming in for the night - especially the 2 yr old. Would you expect that? I probably am just worrying and actually they have settled and enjoying their new life (they play lots as well when out!) both are eating and drinking well and no other signs of issues but they are both behaving like old men!!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
just be pleased they are nice and tired and easy ti handle..they will get used to the extra exercise and get fitter so it is good that you can instill good manners now....can we see some pics????? :):)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I remember when Arabi was a 2 year old he used to come in from the field and flip on the floor you would hear him snoring, I think it's pretty normal there still growing and burn energy quite easily.

Mule

Visit site
Sometimes my geldings will chase each other (gallop, buck, rear) etc for hours on end. They're 12 and 17, I can only imagine how long younger animals would spend playing. I'm not surprised they get tired! (For me, the funniest thing is how disdainful the mare is of them):D