Titchy update. And what's next.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Picture paints a thousand words so here is one of our last hack on the beach with Titchy.

1b4ac3f8583ffad0bdb39a2fb91d5060_zps91720efd.jpg

ff5ecb70a15fe088cad00e2eb37a3e05_zps3baabff0.jpg

And if anyone wants to hear "that" voice over:

http://youtu.be/NJRn3ae320s

We do have an 11.1 (and a 13.1 and a 14.1 oh and a new 15.1 oops) but she's very green and after a few dodgy welsh moments with her and my welsh out hacking, I decided if the status quo (three hour hacks with daughter off the lead rein aged 4 onwards) were to continue I needed to buy something else.

Enter Spice, who so far seems to be a giant Titchy, meant to be a Section A but I think probably a Shetland x A, 11.3hh and a complete gem of a pony.

949ee7c0ea0e4c14db479b294cd11db1_zps37d22b18.jpg

951d12d45abf1d2bf2cefc0d6577f411_zpsecf4a562.jpg

We had her about a week when I looked over my shoulder to see daughter tackling this in the field at home:

http://youtu.be/MnJd5fslbEA

Then we went to a clear round show and she did this:

http://youtu.be/QAlVQMdtqOY

Titchy has a home with us for life and hoping to recruit his next little person soon. Meanwhile feeling that Spice has been a really good addition.

showpony

Visit site
Omg your mini has taken a huge stretch!!!!! Spice looks totally fab:) (sick of reading posts of people buying large ponies for their young kids can " grow in to" lately ) ... Look forward to all your updates :) am sure you won't have any problem finding Titchy the " right child" to bring on!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Omg your mini has taken a huge stretch!!!!! Spice looks totally fab:) (sick of reading posts of people buying large ponies for their young kids can " grow in to" lately ) ... Look forward to all your updates :) am sure you won't have any problem finding Titchy the " right child" to bring on!

Thank you. I tried her on a 12.2 but he was too strong and she was tiny on him. I know 11.3 is a bit of an awkward height perhaps but I feel the pony will bring her on very quickly and is totally trust worthy (she's already hacking off the lead rein and leading my imbecile horses past tractors!). Hoping she will manage the young welsh we have by next year and she will probably have more scope than Spice.

Living the dream ;)

Elbie

Visit site
OMG literally yesterday I was thinking I hadn't seen a titchy update for a while and was remembering the "slow dowwnnnn!" "faster Titchy FASTER!"

So cute

lelly

Visit site
I was wondering what Titchy was doing. Your little girl is so brave, Titchy has done her proud. New pony looks perfect for her too. I love your palamino, gorgeous!

Bradsmum

Visit site
Was only thinking the other day we'd not had a Titchy update for a while and guessed another pony might be in the offing. Looks like you have a good eye for reliable ponies - they are brill (wish my dad had when I was little!!). Hoping we will still get Titchy updates too but will miss your little girls gorgeous voice "faster Titchy, faster". Good luck with Spice in the future.

Adopter

Visit site
Great to see a Titch update. Spice looks to be a real find. Much better to let children ride the right size pony, as they grow, she will be a better rider in the end learning to ride different ponies.

Hope you find a new small jockey for Titch.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Wonderful update, congrats :)

Thanks. Had a lovely hack tonight with daughter cantering off on the horizon while my horse puffed her way up the hill!

Lovely, well done you and your little girl, I really enjoy your updates. :)

Thanks. I feel like I do nothing but shout at her to shorten her reins, sort her feet!

OMG literally yesterday I was thinking I hadn't seen a titchy update for a while and was remembering the "slow dowwnnnn!" "faster Titchy FASTER!"

So cute

Don't know if you heard me tell her to stop kicking her at the end of the vid but that's exactly what I find myself saying. She is a kamikaze at the moment as she hasn't fallen off properly yet (fell off three times at the first PC rally we went to as Spice pulled the saddle off practically to get to the grass, hence the crupper!). Think it will be a bit worse than falling off Titchy!

I was wondering what Titchy was doing. Your little girl is so brave, Titchy has done her proud. New pony looks perfect for her too. I love your palamino, gorgeous!

Thanks. Palo is a new addition as well. Had her 3 months and I absolutely love her to bits. Its all there to do with her but she is such a lovely willing horse. Having great fun.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Aww lovely to see a young rider looking so happy. Well done to your little girl and both her super ponies.

Thank you. I'm lucky she is a very happy wee person most of the time.

Titchy is adorable. They both look very happy.

Thanks. He was absolutely amazing for her, so lucky to have got him.

You have the best looking and happiest horses, ponies and kid EVER.

Ha ha what a great comment, thanks so much!

Was only thinking the other day we'd not had a Titchy update for a while and guessed another pony might be in the offing. Looks like you have a good eye for reliable ponies - they are brill (wish my dad had when I was little!!). Hoping we will still get Titchy updates too but will miss your little girls gorgeous voice "faster Titchy, faster". Good luck with Spice in the future.

I've been really lucky to be honest. Titchy I was given and agreed to take him before I'd been to see him and we backed him ourselves. He did go through a complete sod stage when she first went off the lead rein but we worked through it. Spice was a bit of a big purchase but we had her on trial for two weeks and she showed herself to be dependable very quickly. Lots of shows coming up in the next few weeks :)

Great to see a Titch update. Spice looks to be a real find. Much better to let children ride the right size pony, as they grow, she will be a better rider in the end learning to ride different ponies.

Hope you find a new small jockey for Titch.

Thanks. Completely agree about the size thing. She was never small on Titchy and I am sure that's why he brought her on so well. She can get on off the ground with Spice if I hold her foot in the stirrup lol