To all those who lack confidence - theres hope!!

my bfg

Visit site
I've posted before about my low confidence regarding hacking, which hit rock bottom after our first proper attempt when my mare napped, slipped nearly onto her knees and I came off. The next time we went out (with our instructor) I literally nearly had a panic attack which obviously worried my mare further. After months of walking her in hand up the road and regular road lessons (plus the odd dose of rescue remedie for me!) I can finally announce that tonight for the first time in seven years together we actually went for a little hack!!!

We followed a mate and her horse up the road to the track (she then recieved copious amounts of fuss!) then we came home by ourselves, no napping, no stopping or rushing and for me no panicking!

Am absolutely buzzing tonight! I honestly never thought we would reach this point, so if you do suffer with a lack of confidence when doing a particular task with your horse, please please please percivere, because as tonight shows every bit of practice is worth it and am currently as happy as a pig in poop :) X

Asha

Visit site
Whey hey, well done. Over coming nerves is not easy. just shows, take things at your own pace, and it will happen

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Congratulations, what a lovely post

I too am feeling awesome today. My boy started napping a few weeks ago, planting and rearing if I smacked him. Had an rather painful saddle fitting on Thursday, more planting and rearing, kicking out, pinning ears back and refusing to trot if I tried to rise. We eventually put a wider gullet and curved girth and today I hacked with a friend, he didn't put a foot wrong, didn't even think about playing up.

Can a girth and gullet really make that much difference?