to close for comfort!

spooks

Visit site
posted in soapbox at stupid oclock this morning.
some yobs set fire to a car last night at 2.45am, this is how close it was to my wooden hay loaded lorry!

fire008.jpg

spooks

Visit site
yeh i was still up when it happened, heard this popping which was prob the windows blowing out, rang fire brigade but a couple of lads had already rang them, the police arrived a little while later and were there again this morning with the owner. the thugs had smashed the drivers window and set it alight, the car is completely gutted inside. last night when i told the firemen my lorry was wooden and loaded to the roof with hay and shavings he got the hose on it pretty sharpish!
i doubt they will catch whoever did it, theres a spate of them happening at the moment round here. the last one was pushed onto a main road right outside a firemans house and set fire to!

parsley

Visit site
Thank goodness they didn't realise it was a wooden lorry loaded with hay - it would have made a much bigger fire!

Are the hay and shavings wet?

spooks

Visit site
the shavings are wrapped in plastic so they will be fine, i reckon the hay will be wet though as my lorry has vents rather than windows, im going to offload it tomorrow so will just feed whatever is wet to them, prob just bung it in the field,hopefully most of it will be ok