to exercise my cob or not ?

darkhorse123

Visit site
If you see my prev post u will see id to get vet out on thursday for my 9 yr old cob who had severe sudden resp problems.
He is fine now and vet is coming back next friday to check him and bring blood results - we dont know if its copd, asthma, an allergy or infection.

In the meantime - would you completeley rest him or do something with him ie walk in hand, walking hack - considering his cough has now gone, breathing normal now and he is eating well etc - he is on antibiotics and a medicine for asthma. (He is turned out through day on vets advice)

Im asking because ive read that some exercise is good for their lungs.

So would you leave him to completely rest until the vet returns late next week or give him some gentle exercise?

(Im also worried re lamintus - he is prone to lammi and had a steroid shot)

indie999

Visit site
If he seems fine just go for a walk (hack on him) if he seems ok go for a long one , just watch for any sweating etc etc

Good luck hope he is ok

JFTDWS

Visit site
give your vet a call and ask? they've seen the horse so have a better basis on which to advise than forum users.

ShadowFlame

Visit site
From what you've said I'd just stick to light work - probably walk only and see how he goes. A small amount of exercise should do him good, just don't overdo it :)