To go or not to go…. Opinions needed

alexomahony

Visit site
I’m booked to go on a pleasure ride tomorrow but my horse’s shoe has slipped a few millimetres. It’s not bothering him, he’s sound and I’ve given it a good prod with a hoof pick and it isn’t bothering him at all.

I’m really torn on whether to go or not. I was really looking forward to it and it’ll do Sky good to have a good canter on good ground but I’d not forgive myself if he came back sore due to this and there is always another day.

I’ve spoken to farrier and sent photo and he said if it’s not bothering him then to continue as normal.

What would you do?

Attachments

• 130ABA9D-48E7-430F-AF0C-750B0374A28E.jpeg
    130ABA9D-48E7-430F-AF0C-750B0374A28E.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 117

alexomahony

Visit site
It might be the angle of the photo but it looks like the heel of the shoe is in contact with the frog. I wouldn't ride until the shoe had been reset (or go barefoot then you never have to worry about pulled/lost/loose shoes ?)

Yeah it is touching which is what’s concerning me most.. I can’t imagine it’s not going to end up sore. I don’t think I’ll go (already swaying towards that before writing this) x

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
It might be the angle of the photo but it looks like the heel of the shoe is in contact with the frog. I wouldn't ride until the shoe had been reset (or go barefoot then you never have to worry about pulled/lost/loose shoes ?)

There's another remedy which is to marry a farrier ?
Probably not something the OP can pull together in time though ?

(It was a no from me, too)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
There's another remedy which is to marry a farrier ?
Probably not something the OP can pull together in time though ?

(It was a no from me, too)
I mean I’d totally go with that option. However a farmer and free hay straw and muck heap removal probably trumps you ??
Just need to get him to train in feet now….. or maybe as a vet