TO Rug for Hector

S_N

Visit site
OK, so I have decided that H needs a TO rug. It HAS to be LW, as he already has his own HW filling
grin.gif
With all this rain (which looks set to continue) he is actually getting a bit cold - hardly suprising. They came in last night, but I really don't want to make a habit of this, as a) B doesn't really like it and b) the current stable (waiting for new ones to be finished - hope before xmas) is not really big enough for both of them. Also, as he is growing at a vaguely alarming rate of notts, it needs to be as inexpensive as possible - I was thinking about £10 tbh
grin.gif
SO, if anyone has a LW TO rug between 5ft and 6ft in size (I have means of altering to fit), doesn't matter if it is missing straps etc.... PLEASE let me know. THANK YOU!!!

Zebedee

Visit site
I could have got you a new one for £20 yesterday!!!!
I've got a 5'3" Masta that was Olivers that you could borrow, only it's not lightweight (more on the light side of middle, and would have to be repaired/replaced in the event of any damage, as it's destined to be Brians next year!
Let me know if thats any help.

S_N

Visit site
())£^%£*()£^)£^()£$&)%)&*)^&*_^£$*%^*("£ *Stamps feet* Darn it to heck!!

Ooooooo that sounds fabby!! Of course would replace/repair it and would def, clean it before returning it!

Zebedee

Visit site
Well I DID ask if there was anything you wanted me to look for!
Have to whiz off out now - phone me re how I'm going to get it to you!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Sorry - just sold my 5'9 only used for 3 months summer turnout yesterday to a mate for £15 and it was washed and reproofed - she got a bargain and as it only cost me £35 new, I didn't feel too bad at only 3 months use.

It was a cotswold rug from ebay - great value as it was nicely made and didn't leak.

amandaco2

Visit site
im in the same boat-looking for a TO rug for B shes around 4ft9 now. its scarey how much they grow!!!im going to get a pony one i think ive heard they fit better than ones made for horses just in smaller sizes(if that makes sense) cos foals necks and bodies are slimmer.i may still have to put two darts in the neck of a pony rug!

S_N

Visit site
Hector wouldn't fit in a Pony rug though! I have access to my Sister and her range (I mean range too) of sewing machines, so I can alter necks and depth easily. I tried one of B's rugs on him the other day and from wither to tail it was only about 4 inches too long and she takes a 6ft 3ins rug
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
Here you go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLEARANCE-FULL-NEC...9QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FULLNECK-knight-ri...9QQcmdZViewItem

Good seller and having had the Cotswold, can really recommend it as a bargain cheap rug.

If Hector is anything like Chancer - go for the biggest you can safely use - Chancer went from 5'3 to 5'9 in 5 months last winter and this year is in a 6'. I have a lovely mw amigo which I haven't even put on him as it has not been cold year and pray he won't outgrow it before I get a chance to use it a bit.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Glad to help - any excuse to go horsey shopping on ebay - even better if it is for someone else as it stops me spending!

Also helps me to forget the pain of my shoulders courtesy of the stinker - now understand why older people often get their youngsters backed for them......