To think this rider was partly at fault?

JFTDWS

Visit site
Yup, someone went from stationary to attempting to run me over on the bike this week, hi vis and lights on as raining.

I've been hit twice by cars - once as a pedestrian, because the driver was looking at her child vomiting in the back seat (understandable but not ideal!) and once by a driver who deliberately bumped my pony's arse at low speed (no damage, thankfully). He was looking where he was going and was being deliberately aggressive because he doesn't like my hacking companion :rolleyes: No amount of hi vis or lights would change either of those incidents.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
I would suggest that the driver of the flat bed lorry was travelling at an excessive speed and only noticed the refuse lorry at the last moment and therefore took evasive overtaking action.
Everyone involved in this incident needs to be very grateful that there was not a collision between the ridden horse and the flat bed truck.
Had there been the horse and rider could have both been killed or had the rider survived they may have sustained life long lasting injuries and a lengthy hospital stay followed by rehabilitation.
The driver of the lorry could have faced prosecution and even ended up loosing their licence and with a heavy fine or even a custodial sentence. The vehicles insurers would have faced a substantial claim. The owners of the vehicle could also have been prosecuted if it was found that there driver had not received the correct training which all companies are now obliged to provide with evidence that they have done so.
The evidence from the cam should provide sufficient evidence for the police to be able to proceed to take action against the flat bet lorry driver.
I hope that this incident has been reported on the www.horseaccidents.org.uk web site.

Lois Lame

Visit site
I think that poster is trying to make a name for itself by being blatantly obnoxious over several threads...... it's not just you they have rebutted in a abhorrent vociferous way x

Thank you :). I must admit I stayed away from the thread until this moment. Then I thought I'd get brave.