Tobago foal is British National Champion! (self-indulgent - sorry)

htobago

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You must be completely over the moon your gorgeous boy is just siring one stunning baby after the other! I am sooo gutted I didnt just go with my instincts and use him on my mare this year. I was being over cautious and wanted to see some of his babies first but OMG I really had nothing to worry about and know have to wait another year to use him.....LOL keep us updated on his Tobagolings including lots of pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetie you were quite right to wait and see what sort of foals he produced - perfectly sensible thing to do so stop beating yourself up, OK? Besides, you are going to have a gorgeous foal next year - and Tobago will be around for a long time!!!
wink.gif

htobago

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How fantastic!

There shoul be a Tobago foal just a couple of miles from me next year, a customer/friend came into the shop and was talking of putting her arab in foal, so I dragged her into the office area, and showed her pics of Tobago and foals, and the next hing I knew the mare had been inseminated!

Wonder how a Tobago will cope with Dartmoor weather!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that's so sweet of you - to recommend him, I mean! What was her name? I can't remember which mare is near Dartmoor.
blush.gif

htobago

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Had it not been for my lardy backside needing something bigger - I'd have put Asti to him like a shot. Her being orange with a white blaze would surely have guaranteed me a clone! *sulks and pouts* should have gone on a diet!!!
grin.gif

He is just such a stunner isn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Oh I would love to see a gorgeous orange Tobagoling from your Asti - she is a really super mare. But you are quite right - no point in breeding something that's too small for you (although I bet you don't have a lardy backside at all)!

Anyway your foal is stunning - do you have any more piccies?

Gingernags

Visit site
*sniggers* oh its lardy!!! Very lardy! Was thinking along the arab lines for endurance but I'd have to lose several stones or I'd squish it! Mind you, still need to lose some for backing Finn in a few years. Theres pics a page or two back from last week, took more yesterday but haven't uploaded them yet. He's 10.1 now and 56 kilos, and he bites!!! Little git. Still loffs him though!
grin.gif

htobago

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done, he really is having an amazing season as a first time daddy isn't he?

How's his ridden work coming along...........or has he been too busy of late!!!
blush.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Yes, I am still a bit stunned, to be honest. I was sure he was going to be a super sire, but wasn't expecting so much success so early.

Backing keeps getting postponed cos he's too busy bonking! But will definitely happen as soon as this season is over - i.e. very soon!
wink.gif

htobago

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
*sniggers* oh its lardy!!! Very lardy! Was thinking along the arab lines for endurance but I'd have to lose several stones or I'd squish it! Mind you, still need to lose some for backing Finn in a few years. Theres pics a page or two back from last week, took more yesterday but haven't uploaded them yet. He's 10.1 now and 56 kilos, and he bites!!! Little git. Still loffs him though!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Goodness - he is growing fast! Love the pics - he is soooo cute! More soon please!
smile.gif