Today I cleaned my tack :)

Nannon

Visit site
Seriously though... it was disgusting!

Maybe tomorrow I will tackle the other 8 saddles...

How many of you leave your tack until it can stand up by itself :p

Janah

Visit site
I do wipe my tack over after every use. I use Effax Leather Balsom so only needs applying as and when.

Jane

Nannon

Visit site
I brought mines home at the start of the week. My ponies had a Xmas holiday and within a few weeks my bridles were mouldy! I got my 4yr old daughter to help ;-)

Mines had an extended break and I thought Id take him for a hack tomorrow... ventured into the tack room and took off the saddle cover and there was a furry green lump where my saddle was... talk about nastyyyy! Only my best saddle goes mouldy, the other 8 are shiny and not mouldy despite never getting used!

Adeer

Visit site
I cleaned mine yesterday. It was such a lovely day I sat in the garden, in the sunshine and did it. Washed numnah and girth as well.

Goldenstar

Visit site
All tack is cleaned every Friday .
my precious new Albion dressage saddle is cleaned everyday it's used
bridles twice a week and every time they get wet. Also saddles if they get wet .
And when ever horses go to a clinic show or hunting.
If I had more time I would have it all cleaned each time it's used.

TicTac

Visit site
I have paid alot of money for my tack so I make sure I look after it!! I have a hand made bridle that is 14 years old and still looks like new. IMO it's lazy and inconsiderate to your horse not to keeps it's tack clean!

Nannon

Visit site
When he was in work it got cleaned every weekend - mostly due to competitions most weekends. Bit always get rinsed after use, but seeing as hes been a field ornament for best part of a year with very occasional leg stretches, its just been gathering dust (and mould)
:D