Today we ventured out

not_with_it

Visit site
Me or Dixie have never been to a showing show in our lives so today was a first!
We had a bit of a crash course this week and I will admit my preperation was bad. We went to the futurity last year so we just needed a polish.:D
On monday I shoved her bridle on and trotted her up the lane, she was foot perfect so that was our leading practice sorted. :D
It was touch and go whether my horsebox would be ready so I was relieved that I got the phone call on thursday night to say I could pick it up. I had intended to practice loading due to the performance we had last year but we ran out of time. :D So on friday evening I was prepared to stay at the yard until she went in. Off I went with cup of coffee in hand, she had a look, a snort and then tootled straight in. Tick number 2 in place. :D

So today was the big day. I loaded up all my borrowed jacket, borrowed tie and ebay trousers and off we went. All the way there Dix was banging about, I have no idea how she stayed upright on 3 legs, especially as its only her 2nd journey. Its safe to say that the brand new horsebox no longer looks brand new :D but its still in one piece. (I havent decided whether to let her in it again.:D) We arrived and there were people and ponies everywhere.

Dix was so well behaved, even when the plastic horse next to her blew over and scared all the other horses.
We ended up being pulled in 2nd behind an immaculately turned out black horse and qualifying for numerous showing things which I have no idea about.

We didnt stay for the championships as it was after all 13 classes had finished and I didnt think it was fair to keep her stood in the box all day.

So all in all a good day and a great result for our first show.

Also a huge thanks to Dingle who was groom for the day.

Picture012.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Asha

Visit site
Congratulations, she looks very relaxed.

Lovely looking mare,

will you do the futurity again ?

Clodagh

Visit site
How can you say Piper doesn't look gawky!? She is fantastic, what a lovely mare. You must be delighted. What a lovely front end she has and I can't see much wrong with her bum either. Oh wow! I'm very impressed.

not_with_it

Visit site
Thanks.

She was chilled for her. She wasnt even bothered when the plastic horse next to her blew over and scared all the others. I just wish she was that chilled at home.

I'm not sure whether to bother again with the futurity. Its a long and expensive trip and I'm not sure whether its worth it.

not_with_it

Visit site
Clodagh I honestly dont think he looks gawky. I've seen much worse.

And thankyou for the lovely compliment.

Fruity thankyou. She has just gone 2.

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Nat1003, I remember Dixie being born around the same time as Max!

She is really lovely. Beautiful back and front end action & very nicely put together. Well done!

not_with_it

Visit site
Thankyou for the compliments.

Its nice to know my glasses arent as rose tinted as I thought they might be. :D

Is Max the lovely Bon Balou baby? If so, how is he?

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Thankyou for the compliments.

Its nice to know my glasses arent as rose tinted as I thought they might be. :D

Is Max the lovely Bon Balou baby? If so, how is he?

He is well, thank you. He is sweet and lovely, polite and well behaved - I am chuffed with him. He spent the Winter looking a bit too well despite being fed basic rations - in fact he looked like a fully grown New Forest pony at one point :D

Grass came, so did growth spurt & he is looking lean and lanky now. Going to the Norfolk Show at the end of June, as a 2 year old sports horse. I don't normally show at that age - I don't like 2 year olds in "show condition", but he has grown very level so far... so what the heck! Wish me luck ;)

not_with_it

Visit site
He is well, thank you. He is sweet and lovely, polite and well behaved - I am chuffed with him. He spent the Winter looking a bit too well despite being fed basic rations - in fact he looked like a fully grown New Forest pony at one point :D

Grass came, so did growth spurt & he is looking lean and lanky now. Going to the Norfolk Show at the end of June, as a 2 year old sports horse. I don't normally show at that age - I don't like 2 year olds in "show condition", but he has grown very level so far... so what the heck! Wish me luck ;)

Good luck although I'm sure you'll do well.

Make sure you bring back some piccies.