Todays dressage report

Ash the arab

Visit site
Off we want to Keysoe today to do some prelims.
It has been lovely weather although anyone who has been to Keysoe knows that it is always about 10c lower there than anywhere else! So it was freezing!

Joe warmed up well, and off we went to do our first test, and he didn't let me down. I though he would be quite spooky at the c end of the arena, with the judges huts - and he was
tongue.gif
. although he managed to work quite nicely at the A end! We had a score of 52% in that class
blush.gif
not the best i have ever got! It was fairly marked though and by no means the lowest in that class
shocked.gif

Second test was much better and whilst his was still cautious of the horse eating judge, he coped much better to get a mark 60%.

So a good day out and i'm sure next time we are there he will improve again!

I did get to meet FMM and her lovely cobs - who i think were much more successful than me
wink.gif
- but i'm sure she will let you know when she has defrosted!!

Ash the arab

Visit site
Not so sure about ' well done'!!
No pics i'm afraid - my friend came along but though it was a bit unfair to ask her to do pics - she needed to keep her hands in her pockets
r020.gif

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Wow - that was seriously COLD!
We had a great day with all the baby horses. Well done to Ash the Arab for actually being brave enough to find out which one was FMM!
She has a lovely horse - absolutely ginormous compared to ours.
Brocket was great - he got 63% and behaved really well. The baby cobs were also very well behaved as was the small hunter and riding horse. They all got between 51 and 61% for their tests.

One of the cobs managed a great manoeuvre where he was trotting with his near side legs IN the arena and the off side legs on the other side of the arena with the dressage boards in between. Jayne said it felt a bit funny, and fortunately the judge didn't seem to notice!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
We're going to do the one on 6th February as well (or whenever it is at the beginning of Feb!). It is such great education for the young horses to be in a controlled environment. Yet they still know that they are at a party because there is music and riders being called by loud speaker.

Ash the arab

Visit site
I did enjoy the atmosphere of the midweek comp, although the professional riders everywhere dertainly raised the standards!
Think i will try and make it - see if i can get some cover at work
wink.gif

little_legs

Visit site
I was there on foot, with a couple of friends.

One was on a grey and the other on a coloured mare.

It was so cold and I had to read test for my friends I had to shout so loud! because of the wind, and I had no gloves so my hands were freezing!

My friends came last in both classes
blush.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

Jane & William