Toilet training help

NicolaC

Visit site
Hi all this is my first post in here so please be gentle. LOL

We have a 4 1/2 month old springer spaniel puppy. He is normally such a good boy. Comes to call, retrieves and sits on command. In the day he is brilliant. He comes to work with me and has never had any accidents. Also at home he is now clean but at night it is terrible. Every morning I am cleaning up wee and poo. He has a puppy, which he does use then rips it up. Then he wee's and poo's on the floor.

Anyone got any ideas how to stop this or do you think he will just out grow it?

ladyearl

vvv
Crate training would help if you could get him into it. Although you might need to come down at a set time during the night to let him out to start with.

vieshot

Visit site
Agree try crate training, I always use a crate with a puppy overnight. Put him in his crate at bedtime and he will instinctively not go in his bed area. You will have to set an alarm and let him out at some point in the night though if he struggles holding it.

NicolaC

Visit site
Many thanks for the replies. We have tried crate training but he still goes. The last time he was in a crate he had poo'd and wee'd and then jumped all over. He had to go straight in the bath. He was fed at about 7.30 at night after their evening walk but I have started feeding him when I get home from work at 5.30 and will see how that goes.