Too much too hope for I suppose

chased by bees

Visit site
If your so passionate about this subject why don't you join your local bhs access group to ensure your voice is heard when these consultations take place. Horse riding is clearly not being suitably represented if it's becoming a problem in your particular area.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Presumably because of the sheer number of accidents/deaths of cyclists compared to horse riders, and the number of cyclists passed by cars will far outweigh the number of horses. I certainly feel more vulnerable to close passers on my bike than on the horse.

Pedantic

Visit site
If your so passionate about this subject why don't you join your local bhs access group to ensure your voice is heard when these consultations take place. Horse riding is clearly not being suitably represented if it's becoming a problem in your particular area.

I already keep my ear to the ground regarding issue's I can actually hopefully influence, latest one being barriers to stop illegal scroat bikers getting onto the park we ride on, I contacted my Councilor regarding horse friendly barriers and sent him details of regulations etc etc, he was good at getting back to me and promised to keep me informed, as far as others are concerned, the complacency is gobsmacking, also it's obvious with bigger concerns that money talks and funny handshakes in the offing, I don't do peeing in the wind for others who are happy to ride round in ever decreasing circles, the younger up and coming riders need to get on with it, I do my bit and have done plenty in the past already, the local public rights of way officer used to be "reasonably" helpful, I regularly contacted him regarding things, but then he moved on, the woman who took over I only contacted once, waste of skin basically, took years literally to get the post office van stopped from speeding along the bridleway ruining the surface, very aggressive driving attitude, he was reported by dog walkers as well, took years to sort that.
Designated river track for horses had a piece of large metal fencing on it, it was there for months and months, "I" finally contacted the council being as no one else bothered, a lady came down and moved some strapping herself, the fence stayed more months, there was a charity ride coming up, I was worried someone could have an accident, so "I" dismounted and man handled it myself and threw it in the bushes out of the way, basically if you want anything doing do it yourself, I have had to dismount numerous times to remove glass bottles wire fencing etc deliberately put along the designated horse track.

I do and have done plenty, younger riders need to get on with it.