Took my niece to play with my horses

RubysGold

Visit site
My niece is nearly 9 and is pony mad.
On Friday I took her to see my horses. She absolutely loved it. And went home bouncing around like she'd had skittles haha

She gave roo a good groom for me and led her in from the field (no pictures of them together)

Then I let her ride Jimmy. I got her to use the mounting block whereas in the past I've just lifted her on. She wasn't sure but she did it. Then I showed her how to hold the reins and told her how to stop, go and steer. Which we practiced for a while.

Last time she came, last summer, She had her first trot. I held her leg
This visit. I got her trotting and I didn't hold her. She loved it :-D

If she comes again. I may need to buy some second hand child stirrups. I had FOUR twists in those stirrups!!

Mrs G

Visit site
I agree; you are the Aunty of my dreams! I was hoping I could do this type of thing with my nieces but they both take after their Mum (my sister); very much NOT horsey; the elder one was brought to the stables when she was tiny and left with an allergic reaction that made her face swell up and she's not been back since! I have a little more hope for my younger niece but she has a tendancy to get her fingers in EVERYTHING so I fear my horse will think she's feeding him something and she'll lose a digit or two!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Well I've heard of this matchy match thing, but I've never seen it done with cloth and wellies before!

Kat

Visit site
Lovely! I let my nephew ride my horse when he was little and his feet didn't come past the saddle flaps. He is now as big as me, rides her beautifully including jumping and hacking.

RubysGold

Visit site
Thanks everyone

MrsG that is a shame.

The matching was accidental haha. But maybe it's a fashion that will catch on!

She wants me to take her all the time now! Lol

Laika

Visit site
I had to beg my mum to let me have lessons when I was a kid as she isn't really sold on the idea of horses. I'd have loved somebody like you in my family - so happy she had a nice time.