Totally Let Down

PiebaldHorse

Visit site
Went out with some mates last night, big reunion for ones I havent seen in ages. Didnt drink any alcohol at all, but when we walked from our friends house down to the pub, I was too busy talking to her about her new horse, that I didnt realise the kerb tilted a bit (driveway) and I went over badly on my ankle.

Funny noise came from my ankle and i felt sick with the pain. However a few minutes later the pain eased and I went on to the pub, and drank.

Now this morning I woke with a very sore ankle, couldnt move my foot as it was too sore and my ankle is twice the size it should be. Was in a car accident in may and injured my back, so took a couple of pain killers for my ankle.

That was over 6 hours ago, and the pain isnt as bad, and I can move my foot now, however cant touch my ankle or put shoes on. Hubby wants me to go to casualty, but I dont want to go up to spend ages in waiting room for them to say that I tore ligaments or something trival.

PiebaldHorse

Visit site
I will go up, I just hate it as I broke that ankle before and just over a year ago I torn my ligaments badly, and I got it xrayed, but had to lie with my ankle on the board (talk about agony)

Screamed at the doctor for pressing my ankle!

I hate hospitals so so much, i try and avoid hospitals and doctors.

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
Ouch sounds painful! Torn ligaments don't sound trivial to me
crazy.gif

Please could you post things like this in the Soapbox so the lounge is kept for horsey discussions
smile.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
My advice would be to go late evening...but before midnight. Most A & E dept only have a radiographer/radiologists for emergencies after 12pm.

Hope you're feeling better soon XXX

Iestyn

Visit site
Torn ligaments Are often more of a proble than a break. Sounds like you've done something so GO GET IT SEEN TO!!!
crazy.gif

Patches

Visit site
I twisted my ankle over three weeks ago and still have limited range of movement and immense pain in it. Still swollen too.

I'm going to the Dr's tomorrow as I heard something snap and with the pain I have I'm beginning to wonder if I damaged a ligament. Reckon I might need some field rest and a year off work to recouperate
wink.gif