Totally Speechless, shocked and stunned

ElleJS

Visit site
at you HHO lot!!!! I am lost for words!!!! I can't thank you all enough!!!!
grin.gif

Today Tink101 came to collect her lovely mare from my yard and presented me with the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
A fantastic, stunning, life like painting of my beautiful mare Connie at Saumur. She is painted with the most incredible precison and life-likness by the uber talented Laura Barber-Riley. I will reiterate my self here I know (did I say how shocked I was??!) but apart from being totally lost for words, a tear came to my eye as the painting is truly phenominal. I am hoping Tink101 will add her picture of the painting she has to this post for everyone to see.

It will take pride of place in my house as it is now the most precious thing I own that reminds me of my hugely missed girl. It is so her! Her colour and personality shine out. She looks so happy she looks so Connie and I just LOVE it.

So this is a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who helped this happen. What amazing people you all are, your generosity and heart is just so compelling and humbling. It really proves how incredible the forum can be despite all the downs that have happened on here lately with various incidents. I haven't all your names yet from Tink101 but she is emailing them over so I can thank you personally. But to everyone who was part of this, Tink101 and of course Laura, thank you, thank you so much, you have all made me a beautiful memory that I can now treasure for ever.
grin.gif

PS I have decided it is the most incredible piece of art I have ever seen. And I have seen alot! (I reckon having a degree in His of Art gives me enought credentials for this!!!)
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

X

xspiralx

It is absolutely beautiful, what a lovely way to remember her. Laura is very talented
smile.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
oh its so wonderful that you like it
grin.gif
its an amazing picture, something to really treasure for ever
grin.gif
Connie looks stunning
grin.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Oh Laura I'm so happy that you are pleased with it and really touched by your comments. She was such a beautiful girl; having followed you both over the last few years and watched you in action it was a real privilege to paint such a special partnership x

punk

Visit site
OMG!!! What a lovely thing to do!!!

Afraid I was off the forum at the time - and would have loved to contribute - obviously missed it!!!

What a lovely picture - well done the artist, and well done any one else involved.

I am not surprised that you are happy Laura - and you really deserve it!!
grin.gif

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
Absolutely beautiful beautiful picture, what a talented artist Laura, well done and i'm sure its going to be treasured forever. Connie looks truly stunning and I feel privaledged to have seen you around Burghley Laura x

wizoz

Visit site
What a truly wonderful gift for you. I'm not surprised that you are thilled by it. LZT is an amazing artist, what a talent she has.
cool.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
What a fabulous thing to treasure for the rest of your life.
I had no idea they were doing it, so sorry, I'm not on the list, but I think it is a lovely thoughtful gesture from the very nicest of people on these forums.
I hope this helps with your loss.