Totilas New Freestyle - LIVE

Halfstep

Visit site
I really enjoyed Donnperignon's freestyle to the Police medley, fun and what a horse! :) Not sure about using the F1 voice overs in Damon Hill's.

Halfstep

Visit site
Ok, I've just watched Totilas and MAR. Now I'm going to watch Edward Gal's freestyle again, to clean the palate so to speak. I don't understand why MAR has to have the curb horizonal all the time, I don't like how he is riding the horse out of balance which shows so much in the piaffe passage transitions. The mistakes in the twos are one thing (they've never been the horse's strong point) but the lack of balance in the transitions is painful to watch. Also, the music was just wallpaper. But hey ho, why bother, they are going to win anyway......

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
So what did you think?

I missed some of it thanks to the computer. It wasn't as smoothed and polished as T & Gal the 2 times seemed to fall apart a bit at the end IMHO but I liked the extended trot more than the last time I saw Totilas do one.

ETS Halfstep - thats it! He looks unblanaced and MAR seems to be working really really hard where as Gal seemed to have a muc easier time!

PS loveing the music for Whisper's GP.

Last edited:

liveryblues

Visit site
I REALLY dont think Totilas has the same magic under Matthias. Just my opinion, I know its early days but Gal had sometihng very special with Toto.... something money cannot buy!

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
I don't understand why MAR has to have the curb horizonal all the time

This. I actually only noticed it here in Balve; was it so bad in Munich too? I find it so distracting I can't actually concentrate on anything else!!

Sadly I missed Damon Hill's Kur. What F1 voiceover????? I've always been a huge F1 enthusiast and the original Damon Hill ;) was my hero *for years*. What voiceover was it? Was it actually Damon's voice? I am so upset I missed it!!

jen_444

Visit site
Is there anyway to watch this now or was it just on live?? Would love to see how the new partnership is working out! Did anyone watch Olympic Dreams yesterday on BBC as they had a short little bit about him, the clip they showed of him from WEG was amazing as well!!

MillionDollar

Visit site
Just watched it all.

Love Le Noir, he tries so hard and his Pirates of the Caribbean music really suits him!

Also LOVED Dablino's Transformer music, really spine tingling and Donnperignon was fantastic too!

Ha ha, yes loved that bit in Damon Hill's test, very good.

I think GB needs to take a look at these tests as the music was so so good!!! Much more entertaining :D

The Olympics is going to be so nail bitting, if all the horses stay sound Gold is going to be in the reach of a few countries, not just one..............including us!

Muchadoaboutnothing

Visit site
Ok just seen it . . . . :(

Totilas, to me anyhow, always used to appear effortless. The whole exaggerated movement debate has been done to death and my opinion of him was always a horse that tried very hard to please.

Things with EG always seemed to flow and they were a great partnership.

He now seems to be slightly unhappy during his tests and by that I mean showing a lot of tension. For such a showman as Totilas it's sad to see.

That being said this is such a new partnership and to be competing at that level in such a short time of being together there are bound to be teething troubles.

Vickijay

Visit site
And you can see Donnperignon here http://www.topdressage.tv/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3270

Words cannot express how much I love this horse.

Isnt he lovely! I thought his music was awesome too, it looked like it had been put in to time after!

Totos music was really really nothingy compared to ^^^

Dont know enough about dressage to comment on it but even I know the bitting looks terrible and it didnt have the same wow factor as with EG but its such a new partnership and can you imagine the pressure that MR is under to get results.