Totilas out for 5 months with bone infection

Tobiano

Visit site
I saw this.

I am sorry, but with experienced owners trainers and riders why does it take an international competition for someone to notice this poor horse is in pain.

I really do hope he is allowed to retire. Appalling what humans have done to this exquisite creature :(

oldie48

Visit site
I feel it's very sad that he was competed when in pain and his rider couldn't feel the unsoundness but I'm also very disappointed by the quality of judging that allowed it to continue. I think all of the judges should feel very ashamed of themselves, I think they showed a complete lack of balls. At least Totilas has his and hopefully will retire to stud to use his!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Agree with the above, the thing that baffles me most, is how could MR not feel Totilas was "off" ? I am just your average rider and yet I know within a few minutes if I get on to ride and mine are a bit lame, even if it's based more on their body language rather than obvious limping. Given the fact this is supposed to be a partnership based on fine tuning of the most advanced aids, balance and movements, I fail to see why MR didn't notice immediately...or does that speak for itself? I hope they retire him now and let him have some decent turnout to wind down