Totilas sold to paul schockemohle.

Halfstep

Visit site
I really hope it isn't true about the suspensories. Really really really hope.

He's down to be shown at the Global Dressage forum, so hopefully they anticipate Ed riding him and continuing to use him for sport.

Nocturnal

Visit site
eek.gif
faint2.gif

Hope Edward keeps the ride...

Tempi

Visit site
Can't believe its true after all - they went to so much effort denying all the rumours. Why do all that and then give a press release 2 weeks later saying it is true!

Lizzie2106

Visit site
What are the rumours concerning his suspensories?
Really Sad to hear he's been sold and I agree with the posts above, it sounds like Edward won't compete him and I'm afraid no one else will either :(

Tempi

Visit site
I wouldnt be surprised if he does have suspensorie issues though - with a movement that extravaggant and being at the top of his game at only 9years old, its bound to cause some sort of problems. Such a shame if it has though.

Tempi

Visit site
Just read some more online and hes not actually sold yet - shockemohle/blu hors are having him vetted first and if he fails obviously he wont be bought. So im assuming the suspensory rumours cant be true as otherwise he will fail a vetting...... watch this space i guess!

Tempi

Visit site
The statement i read from Paul S just said he would only be purchased if he passed a vetting, so i am assuming thats for breeding or otherwise. I guess for 10million you dont want to buy a lame horse!!!!!

WellyBaggins

Visit site
If he is sold for breeding purposes, it will be such a loss to the sport, he is SUCH an amazing horse to watch :( (obviously if he is not sound that is a different matter, but equally as sad :()

Halfstep

Visit site
His stud fees are 5,500 euros currently, and once his first crop is on the ground, if they are OK, that will rise. He's basically ejaculating liquid gold. If they don't intend to compete him, so long as he's healthy to breed, I don't think they care about his soundness. Sad but true. I bet the vetting will concentrate on that side of things. :( He only has to cover 1,800 mares or so to cover his cost, so if he is fertile and healthy and breeds for many years, he'll more than pay for himself.

Last edited:

MillionDollar

Visit site
Hind suspensory rumour:

was that Totilas has had numerous treatments by many many vets over the summer months. Thats why there was a no show at Hickstead. Also he was going to be pulled out of WEG and operated on. However, they decided on other treatments to get him to WEG as he won't last til the Olympics..........apparently.

Makes sense if he doesn't compete again!

Tempi

Visit site
Says 10million on a site i read earlier.

I hadnt heard all that hind suspensory stuff MD - but like i said earlier im not surprised to be honest. He must have a hell of a lot of strain on his joints with a movement like that at such a young age aswell.

I wonder if Ed did know and just denied the rumours after WEG?

Tempi

Visit site
Ok maybe im being thick but if his hind suspensories have gone surely he will pass this weakness on to any youngstock?

I should think the suspensory damage is due to his extravaggant movement and the fact he has done so much at a young age. I wouldnt have thought it would be genetic, but i stand to be corrected.