Tough poo stains on white horse

Smurphy101

Visit site
My lovely white horse has terrible poo stains on his thighs the rest of his body is lovely and white but I cannot for the life of me get rid of these he wears stable rug and all that jazz I’ve tried fairy washing up liquid a hand full of purple and blue shampoos stain removers the whole lot I’m desperate does Anyone had anything they absolutely swear by I’m willing to try anything. Over the winter I got a big lazy and instead of scrubbing them off each time I just groomed really well and got on with it but now it’s built up with no fault but my own and I’m desperate in preparation for show seasons I just want him lovely and white again anything feedback would mean the world

be positive

Visit site
If the hair is unclipped the stains will pretty much go when he changes coat so for the show season as long as you keep on top of it they will be fine, there are many shampoos on the market aimed at stain removal but I have found once the hair is properly stained you can be fighting a losing battle until the new hair growth so remember for next winter.
After washing apply a really good layer of damp chalk or similar whitener, leave on overnight as long as the horse is not too sensitive, I have never had one react, then brush off in the morning, you may still see some staining but it will help, having a very clean deep bed to soak up the wet will also help, shavings are generally better than straw and I always gave a new bale the night before a show although often they actually stay cleaner outside if the field is dry, grass stains come off far more easily.

Smurphy101

Visit site
If the hair is unclipped the stains will pretty much go when he changes coat so for the show season as long as you keep on top of it they will be fine, there are many shampoos on the market aimed at stain removal but I have found once the hair is properly stained you can be fighting a losing battle until the new hair growth so remember for next winter.
After washing apply a really good layer of damp chalk or similar whitener, leave on overnight as long as the horse is not too sensitive, I have never had one react, then brush off in the morning, you may still see some staining but it will help, having a very clean deep bed to soak up the wet will also help, shavings are generally better than straw and I always gave a new bale the night before a show although often they actually stay cleaner outside if the field is dry, grass stains come off far more easily.
Thank you so much all of that has been written down yes he’s out all summer as isn’t half as bad he’s just a big horse and takes up most of the stables so weather I like it or not he ends up lying down in his poo I got sick of it and just groomed well but I know now to not let that happen thank you ?