Tower Farm near Liberton?

handbagsandhay

Visit site
Has anyone been and is it any good? I am looking for some jumping lessons and they seemed to come up best on an online search. i sent a fairly detailed messgae about what I was looking for and recieved quite a blunt reply - which is fone I am sure they are very busy and I will call to discuss as suggested. but there seems to be many reviews about how rude the staff are...... I am going to book regardless as I believe in judging for yourself but just wondered if anyone has any experience with them?

Thanks

EventingMum

Visit site
I have heard a few bad reports but don't have any experience personally, look at the children's lesson post replies further down the Scotland page. I would be tempted to try Houston Farm or Appin assuming you can travel.

handbagsandhay

Visit site
I have heard a few bad reports but don't have any experience personally, look at the children's lesson post replies further down the Scotland page. I would be tempted to try Houston Farm or Appin assuming you can travel.

Thanks for replying. Appin is quite near me so I will try them. Never heard of Houston Farm but I will look it up! Thanks

handbagsandhay

Visit site
Oh well.....shouldn't have got too excited...Appin can't help...they only focus on those looking to improve their dressage with their own horse....... :(

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Oh well.....shouldn't have got too excited...Appin can't help...they only focus on those looking to improve their dressage with their own horse....... :(

thats a shame, I rode there during my PhD and they had school horses and working liveries back then. I think Houston is probably your best bet although I dindt have a particularly good lesson when I went that was also a fair while ago.

handbagsandhay

Visit site
Appin website still shows that they have jumping lessons and....something else that got me very excited.....introduction to western riding.....but according to the reply they do neither now :( Thank you I have contacted Houston so will see what they come back with! Can't believe how difficult it is. I used to ride at Whiteloch but that is no longer a riding school.

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Go and give it a bash and form your own opinion, you may or may not like it.

I don't know what people have heard, or whether its true or false, but I've ridden a few of their horses this summer for varying reasons, and they have some lovely, safe horses, who do exactly what they say on the tin, and who have looked after me in some brilliant circumstances, including riding through some of the busiest streets in Edinburgh.

Private the big grey, is my personal favourite - and he's a very good jumper!

handbagsandhay

Visit site
Go and give it a bash and form your own opinion, you may or may not like it.

I don't know what people have heard, or whether its true or false, but I've ridden a few of their horses this summer for varying reasons, and they have some lovely, safe horses, who do exactly what they say on the tin, and who have looked after me in some brilliant circumstances, including riding through some of the busiest streets in Edinburgh.

Private the big grey, is my personal favourite - and he's a very good jumper!

Thank you Jenni. I will just check it out and form my own opinion, not least because I am very restricted on options...