Towing a Box Van Trailer behind horsebox

Sally-FF

Visit site
Hi

Is this possible? We are thinking of getting a small 750kg box van to tow behind the wagon when we are away for the weekend to carry extra stuff.

I have seen wagons with this before - i just wondered if i am allowed too on my licence - the trailer is the size you can tow on a car licence...

The total weight would still be under 7.5t...

thanks

perfect11s

Visit site
Hi

Is this possible? We are thinking of getting a small 750kg box van to tow behind the wagon when we are away for the weekend to carry extra stuff.

I have seen wagons with this before - i just wondered if i am allowed too on my licence - the trailer is the size you can tow on a car licence...

thanks
I think you would be ok but ask ROG in the towing sticky thread
(CR forum)

ROG

Visit site
Hi

thanks
You can tow trailers heavier than 750kgs on a car licence but certain rules apply - see the link in my signature

Towing with vehicles over 3.5 tonnes come under different rules and are quite simple -

For towing any trailer over 750 kgs the driver must have a +E on the licence for the category being used to tow with

Towing a trailer over 750 kgs with a C1 vehicle requires the driver to have a C1+E on their licence

The total max weight when towing with a fully loaded 7.5 tonner on a C1 licence can be 8.25 tonnes (7500+750)

ROG

Visit site
One more thing -

Some small trailers bounce around when being towed by a truck and as the driver is usually unable to see what is happening then it is a good idea to have a follow-car see what is happening on a test drive with the trailer.

ROG

Visit site
http://www.trailers.co.uk/Product/Box_Van/TA_Small_Box/TAS032

Nice idea - payload of 500kgs

phpThumb.php