Towing trailer with Vauxhall Zafira Tourer

Nichlill

New User
Visit site
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has towed a 700kg horse trailer with a 500kg pony with a Vauxhall Zafire Tourer?
My Zafira is a 2.0 CDTI with a maximum braked towing weight of 1750kg.
Don't want to pull the guts out of my car.

Last edited by a moderator:

scruffyponies

Visit site
Having made the mistake of owning one for a bit: (*hides head in shame*)

The Zafira couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, and the visibility is seriously hindered by the door pillars, making it unsafe at junctions. Add to that it's habit of bursting into flames for no apparent reason... I'd leave it at the side of the road somewhere and buy something that will do the job.

phizz4

Visit site
If it is the 170 bhp model it should be fine. It's kerb weight is around 1750 kg and an 85% towed weight, as recommended for towing a caravan, would be about 1470 kg, so your proposed 1200 kg towing weight should be fine. Just watch out for soft suspension on the back which could cause wallowing. Also, check your V5 for its towing limit because some models were limited to a much lower towing capacity because of an inadequate cooling system.

maisie06

Visit site
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has towed a 700kg horse trailer with a 500kg pony with a Vauxhall Zafire Tourer?
My Zafira is a 2.0 CDTI with a maximum braked towing weight of 1750kg.
Don't want to pull the guts out of my car.

It hasn't any guts to begin with!!! sorry....but I seriously wouldn't tow livestock with one of these....OH had a Vectra, same engine - no way would I have towed a horse trailer with it....Then he bought a Jaguar and wouldn't let me tow a trailer with that!!!!!