Towing vehicle

Carlosmum

Visit site
I know towing vehicles has been done to death, but does anyone tow a trailer with a Suzuki Jinny. Weight of Trailer is 740kg, (stamped on draw-bar), pony 14.2 Native no more than 500kg. Spec says Jimny can tow 1.3t. so on the limit. Plan to weigh pony + trailer to get an actual weight but is it possible with these kind of margins.

black and brown

Visit site
I don't think it would be suitable. Towing capacity is not just about the weight you can tow but also how effective your brakes are, hill starts, getting out of mud, dealing with cross winds. I'm not sure a Jinny is 'beefy' enough for towing.

L&M

Visit site
I have a Jiminy and no way would I tow a trailer and horse, the most I tow is a small stock trailer to collect shavings or transport the quad.

They are fab little 4 x 4's but not a towing vehicle imo - you might be better looking at the Vitara instead.

Annagain

Visit site
Normally I would say you could tow right up to a car's capacity as it's been carefully calculated but when it's as low as that, I'd be wary simply because it's not really been designed with towing in mind. A car with a 2000kg capacity will have had some thought about towing put into it, a car with a 1300kg capacity won't so I really wouldn't want to be towing very close to its limit in difficult conditions or very regularly.