Toys for Borders

sueandtoto

Visit site
Can anyone reccomend any toys for our Border , he destroys toys in a matter of hours ( anything furry gets ripped to shreds ! ) , he's got a few Kong toys which are great but just wondered if there were any other makes that are just as good ?, he loves tennis balls but he just rips the fuzzy stuff off and eats it
crazy.gif

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Our Border girlie loves the rubber toy which has prongs on every 90degrees. And squeaky toy boots, tho she does chew them eventually.

But her fave is a really big (live ) rat to kill, Border heaven, I once had one in the dog food pedal bin and dangled her upside down into it, it was all over for Ratty and she nicked a fair few biscuits as the bungee episode ended....:))

flyingfeet

Visit site
I just bought a really hard treat ball from Tescos at £3.97, alas it lasted less than 30 mins. Although that's doing well as soft vinyl toy would be despatched within 5 mins.

Our border is amazing, she can destroy most toys within minutes! I've found the hard rubber ones with bells in last the longest, but even then she took the bells out of a pack of 3 within an hour!

She loves them, but its a bit galling when you spend £5 on a toy and it lasts 5 mins!

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
There is a ball you can get from pets at home called an indistructaball!!!
It is like a hard plastic football, but quite light, so can chase it, knock it, it bounces on hard surfaces, makes a noise when it hits pavement or any sort of hard surface (which my border loves!)
My friend has a staffie/lab, which has one, and she destroys everything! yet this ball is lasting strong! and this is a bitch which killed a kong in like 30mins!!!