Tracing Missing Loan Horse- TIA

sarahpaton

Visit site
Hi Guys,

A couple of years ago, I put my horse out on loan to someone I know as Nadisha Wallace in the Mill Hill area of London. She was kept at Frith Manor Livery Yard.

The horse was a 15.3 bay TB mare with a wonky stripe and one white pastern. When I put her out on loan, she was named Ali, but I know at shows and maybe on the yard Nadisha called her Tia. She will be around 7/8yrs now, and was a bit of a nightmare with her back legs. Her pasport was on loan with her as she used to compete regularly. However, her passport has no name for her on it.

Last year, Nadisha called me to say she had cancer and would need to send Ali back to me due to her health, but since then I have not been able to make contact. I'm worried for Ali's welfare, as if anything has happened to Nadisha, I no longer know who is taking care of her and she could be very difficult on the ground.

She also still has all her tack- her saddle was a tan brown Henri de Rivel jumping saddle if that rings a bell with anyone. I've not seen many around, so it might refresh someones memory.

If anyone knows of Nadisha or the whereabouts of my horse past or present, please message me. I can send pics of horse & rider if you're unsure you have the right horse!

Please help- i'd really like to know my pony is OK and hopefully get her home, or arrange a new contract!

sarahpaton

Visit site
hey nikicb,

I have contacted the yard that I last knew she was at. She has since moved, but the owner isn't sure where to. Apparently she left owing a lot of money so the yard are also trying to track her down and have said if the find any info they will let me know. I'm setting up a facebook page tonight, so will post the link on here and a few other forums tonight. If everyone in the London area could share, i'd really appreciate it :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Just wondering whether you have the correct spelling of her name - google doesn't bring anything up. If she was competing regularly you'd think that there would be something on the internet somewhere. Do you know where she was competing or in what discipline?
Also, being the stalker type person I am ( ;) ) I had a look on someof the family history websites as you can often get a bit of info on there, but nothing came up for a Nadisha Wallace and even looking at all Nadishas nothing seemed to fit in with your facts.

sarahpaton

Visit site
You're absolutely right, I've jsut checked the loan contract and it is in fact spelt Nedesha Wallace- oops!! The only other spelling variation on the horses name could be Tya i suppose??

Competitions wise, I went to watch them compete at 2 places near Potters Bar- one was called Patchetts Equestrian Centre, the other I think Mymms Hall or similar? Racking my brains a bit as it was a while ago now! The yard she was kept at was Frith Manor in Mill Hill.

I've just found Nedesha on facebook (definitely her, there's a pic of my horse on there) and messaged her, so fingers crossed I might get a reply...although doubtful.

Just also found an old Youtube video of Ali/Tya (confirms the spelling) and messaged the person who had posted it- she used to be on a yard with Nedesha, but has lost touch and only has her old number. Link to the video is here, just in case anyone recognises her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czlig6UqJlg

nikicb

www.facebook.com
If she doesn't reply then perhaps contact a friend of hers with the same surname - maybe they can help. I must say that judging by the photo on her profile it doesn't look to hopeful. I know you are trying to find your horse, but I would try to be sensitive when you ask. Good luck. x

sarahpaton

Visit site
The profile pic doesn't make it look too hopeful- but I've messaged her a very polite message asking how Ali is, whether she still has her and asking her to get in touch. Will see what happens...I also got a name of one of her good friends (from the person who posted the Youtube video) who I've messaged on Facebook too, again very politely just asking her if she still knows of Nedesha and whether she still has the horse. No point being rude when you're asking for help is there, no matter how annoyed you may be!

Will see if there is any progress. I've also just emailed the show secretary at Patchetts to ask if they can tell me the last time she competed there...fingers crossed for a reply...

Thanks for all your help and suggestions everyone, keep them coming!!

EmmasMummy

Visit site
192 throws up these for N wallaces in London...............Could be worth a call?

1 N Wallace
199, Capel Road, Manor Park, London, E12 5DB
020 8478 7479

2 N Wallace
44, Glenarm Road, Clapton, London, E5 0LZ

you could also try these folk, but you would have to pay

http://www.findermonkey.co.uk/

sarahpaton

Visit site
brilliant, I'll give those numbers/addresses a try! i really do appreciate everyones help on this :) i'll gove findermonkey a miss for now in the hope of finding some infoa little cheaper, but at least i now have the link if all else fails!

DipseyDeb

Visit site
Have you tried looking at her friends on the fb profile, see if you can message any of those! Difficult because it's a potentially delicate situation......I wish you all the luck and hope you get your horse back! :(

millimoo

Visit site
One of her friends is Makare Wallace ... I suspect she is her sister. She has a photo of Nedeeka jumping the spotted horse. Have a trawl through the photos and comments as the Facebook account is open to view if going through Nedeekas friends list.
one of the photos is of Makare and her mum, and someone has made reference to Neds in August 2011.'good luck in your search

millimoo

Visit site
Sorry, meant to say Nedesha not Nedeeka - Makare wished her happy birthday in the 26th July 2011,'and referred to her sister bring her sweets from Barbabos.
Needless to say Makares account is active and she last used it 6 hours ago, and she is Nedesha's sister

BD64

New User
Visit site
Hopefully you will get somewhere with these negotiations, if you get nowhere remember she has effectively stolen your horse- he may have been on loan but he is still yours. You can always alert the police and they will be able to find her are find your horse with her. If you hear nothing form her soon you could always drop her a note saying if she doesn't contact you, you will call the police the next day. She may ignore you but she'll find it harder to ignore the police! :)

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Has anyone heard from the OP, I was at frith 3
years ago and while I don't know where Ned or Tia are now I sent a message with some additional info which may help her search. But I've not had any response.

sarahpaton

Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry, I've not been able to get on the forum for a few days. Thanks for all the updates- am on the case to all of them now. I have also had a lead from the facebook page i created. Nedesha moved form Frith Manor to Burtonhole with Tya and her other horse Prince. She has been in Jamaica for a while, and has someone looking after Prince. However, the person looking after him says Nedesha no longer has Tya, and thinks she was sold on. So now we really are dealing with a stolen horse and a much wider search- at least the police may help me out a little more.

Any more news gratefully appreciated. I'm back up and running so will be checking regularly again.

sarahpaton

Visit site
Progress report!!

We've taken a huge leap forward in finding her- some of the loanee's friends have found the page and made contact with her. So Nedesha should be calling me on her return from Jamaica this week!!! They are also saying that they have spoken to her and she thought that I had picked the horse up, not that she was sold on. So jumping to no conclusions just yet...

All a bit of a 2 sided story, catch up on the fb page a few posts up if you like, far too long a story for one post!

But either way, the horse was taken (by sale, theft, or some method) in the middle of the night (maybe) with no passport (maybe) and very undercondition (according to the yard owner).

We are now looking only for the horse, not Nedesha. So again, any info appreciated.

sarahpaton

Visit site
Hi All,

A bit of an update (although not much...)

Yesterday I got an email from Nedesha who had Tya on loan, she is going to return Tya's passport to me today by post. So once that arrives I can flag her as lost on her passport & microchip. As her microchip number is on her passport, my vet says it should be very difficult for whoever had her now to get a new passport made, although there are always ways and means i suppose.

The horse that someone thought was Tya at a yard in Barnet doesn't look too promising, they've sent me a photo and it doesnt look like her. The face marknig isn't right. So the search continues. I can't see her having gone too far out of the area, though.

Fingers crossed for more news soon.