Tracing NZ TB's

MDJO

Visit site
Hi
Does anyone have any idea how i might go about tracing my NZ thoroughbred. I don't have his lineage but he is freeze branded. He has a sunday name which I believe came with him from NZ but apart from that I'm scuppered. Any help appreciated
thanks

Lynz25

Visit site
Have a look on racing post they do profiles of where they raced , sales, other relatives. Just need to put the name of the horse in the search engine. Also maybe worth speaking to Weatherbys to see if they have any record of its name (they are really helpful). I suppose it depends if its name now is what it was in NZ?

silv

Visit site
Hi

You could try emailing nz racing. Look and the website www.nzracing.co.nz and contact them through that, they are very helpful and should be able to trace your horse.

Obviously give them the brand details and the colour and markings for your horse. They will also be able to tell you if it has raced, who bred it and if it has been in training.

The brand on the nearside shoulder will be either the stud brand or the brand of the vet who did the branding, the numbers on the off side shoulder are the foal number for that year and lower number is the year the horse was foaled. For example my horse has 39/9 which means he was the 39th foal branded by that particular vet/stud in the year 89. I hope this makes sense!

Your horse was most likely brought over to the UK as a potential eventer.

Like someone else posted you could try posting on www.horsetalk.co.nz as someone may recognise the brand.

cheers

Silv

MDJO

Visit site
Thank you - that is really helpful - I understand what the 34/7 means now on his off shoulder. I will contact nzracing to find out the breeder from his near shoulder.
I think he did race in NZ but was definately brought over to event 3 years ago.
Thanks everyone :))