tracing old horses

serena2005

Visit site
has anyone had succes with tracking down their old horses? where you pleased when you saw them or was it heart breaking? what would you do if they were in bad condition?

im thinking about looking for a horse i had a few years ago, but i dont want to find out shes not looked after

rrose

Visit site
my mate sold her pony as he would kill her, she got back in contact a few years later and guess what hes doing fine.. been pony clubbing etc. she is sent pictures and can go and see him. you could always ring around and see what they say and go and see them.

SpruceRI

Visit site
I put an ad up on a forum like this and someone replied who'd owned him briefly 3 owners down the line from me. Managed to trace my boy to his last owner who'd had him 6 yrs but he was put down a couple of yrs ago with illness.

He'd had at least 5 homes plus several dealers in the 11yrs since I sold him, and had been severely abused by someone in that time. The last home he'd had was an excellent one which was good at least.

He'd only be 20yrs old if he was still alive now. I was absolutely mortified to hear the news and sobbed for days. Decided not to try to trace any others as this was far too traumatic

Honeyb060674

Visit site
I have the email address of a lady who does this for you. Shes a lovely lady very professional and excellent at what she does. She helped me trace my mare history, and within a couple of day I had enough info to begin looking into her breeding etc. If anyone would like her details please PM me

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
Years after I'd sold my mare to a man I knew for the riding school I got in contact with one of my old riding instructors [ave since lost contact with her again] and she sent me a photo of her riding my mare at the yard her new owner had moved her to. She was pretty much the same as she had been, just getting on a bit. I'd love to know if he ever bred from her ~ I had a dream one night that I stumbled across an equine auction and one of the horses was the last foal that my old mare had produced and I can't help wondering....