Tracing past owners some help needed

JessPickle

Visit site
I have been tracing pickles history, and out of the blue and old owner contacted me (after seeing a video of him on you tube) she owned him when he was 4 (he is now 12) and explained a lot such as why he is scared of plastic etc. She also told me his registered name EAGLES PICK POCKET. This meant I could purchase his information on BSJA. It has a list of those who competed him etc I was wondering if anyone with bsja membership could tell me is it possible to trace the riders? (one of them has a number next to there name could that be a membership number????
confused.gif
)

I have no idea about this type of thing and his last affiliated jumping was the 4th october 97. Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks for reading sorry for waffling!
blush.gif

jess

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
oh im so happy u've managed to find out about his past, it must be great to find out.
sorry i know nothing about bsja

[/ QUOTE ]

its amazing though, I have gone from knowing nothing to at least something, allthough his sire/dam are still unknown
frown.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Well, you can contact the BSJA and ask them to forward your details on to those riders you have names for.

You say he was last registered in 1997 though...that was 9 years ago, and he's now 12....which would make him 3 when he was last affiliated
tongue.gif
Is that right ?

ETS: Just checked the BSJA site and they reckon he's 14
crazy.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you can contact the BSJA and ask them to forward your details on to those riders you have names for.

You say he was last registered in 1997 though...that was 9 years ago, and he's now 12....which would make him 3 when he was last affiliated Is that right ?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly I think last owner registered his passport wrong, he has lots of documents and I think almost all of them have a diffrent age on, asked vets to age him they said over 10 and that was it. Research was to find out what his age was and on bsja website he is 14
blush.gif
his freezemark paperwork he is 13 and his passport he is 12!

Rambo

Visit site
Well, he wouldn't be allowed to compete BSJA until he was 4 at the very least (I think
tongue.gif
), and he has some winnings. His BSJA printout should have dates and venues that he jumped at. If you assume he was 4 at the first show you have any info for then you can guestimate his age from that
smile.gif

goeslikestink

www.hozhatz.co.uk
best to contact the bsja anyways as what you are allowed to do with him -- depending on winnings and history --

if he has over a certain amount then he might olny be allowed to jump members cups and opens -- this might not be good for you if you ar at the start of a jumping career and are at novice level

so ask the memebership sec as to what you are alllowed to do with him