Track livery wanted

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
This place has been widely praised on FB. Not exactly Midlands, but not Scotland or Cornwall either!

Birker2020

Visit site
This place has been widely praised on FB. Not exactly Midlands, but not Scotland or Cornwall either!

Yes but its £500 pcm. Its lovely though.

There's no way I can afford that and keep a new horse for £350 pcm on top. 😕

Red-1

Visit site
Yes but its £500 pcm. Its lovely though.

There's no way I can afford that and keep a new horse for £350 pcm on top. 😕
I would suspect that a track livery will come in more expensive than a standard retirement livery as the horses would need conserved feed, plus the upkeep of the tracks. I believe that also includes all daily care.

I suspect you will struggle to find somewhere under that sort of range, unless it is in the back of beyond, not the Midlands or near there. I know you would like to be able to visit Lari, but suspect something will have to be compromised on.

I hope I am wrong and good luck in your search.

Birker2020

Visit site
I would suspect that a track livery will come in more expensive than a standard retirement livery as the horses would need conserved feed, plus the upkeep of the tracks. I believe that also includes all daily care.

I suspect you will struggle to find somewhere under that sort of range, unless it is in the back of beyond, not the Midlands or near there. I know you would like to be able to visit Lari, but suspect something will have to be compromised on.

I hope I am wrong and good luck in your search.
Thanks, I got a £275 pcm and a £250 but neither were local and only one did complete track no grass

Birker2020

Visit site
That is a compromise I was meaning, the location. Land etc is cheaper in the middle of nowhere.

Could you be happy with further away, if they sent regular photos?
Yes I think so, location isn't that important because I contacted Gawsworth which is Cheshire.

Gawsworth you can visit whenever or so the lady said. I think most places you can.

I am still hoping he can go back to the old yard x

Red-1

Visit site
Yes I think so, location isn't that important because I contacted Gawsworth which is Cheshire.

Gawsworth you can visit whenever or so the lady said. I think most places you can.

He may well cope at the previous place. Especially if the ground has a chance to dry up and the grass gets eaten down somewhat. Once he is out there and enjoying it, he would have a good chance in winter and through to next spring.

I know how much you enjoyed seeing him there.

gunnergundog

Visit site
Tori Jones CV8 1PW Meer End Kenilworth. No idea of cost.

Have visited Gawsworth as I was going to retire one of mine when I decided to move the hunters abroad; horse however had a second wind and didn't go. They have CCTV and frequently post videos on their facebook page. I would have been happy for my horse to go there.
PB is closer but IMO not as professional.
There is also a new place near Rothwell (Northants) with Sam....can't remember her surname at the moment but will dig it out if you are stuck. Similar to Gawsworth.

Last edited:

Birker2020

Visit site
Tori Jones CV8 1PW Meer End Kenilworth. No idea of cost.

Have visited Gawsworth as I was going to retire one of mine when I decided to move the hunters abroad; horse however had a second wind and didn't go. They have CCTV and frequently post videos on their facebook page. I would have been happy for my horse to go there.
PB is closer but IMO not as professional.
There is also a new place near Rothwell (Northants) with Sam....can't remember her surname at the moment but will dig it out if you are stuck. Similar to Gawsworth.
Thank you

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Gawsworth is only round the corner from me and I would be happy to check him for you to make sure he's doing OK.

ETA I've just seen the price. I'm not sure it's good enough for that price. Fair play to them if they can get it, though, and they do seem to have a wait list.

Birker2020

Visit site
Gawsworth is only round the corner from me and I would be happy to check him for you to make sure he's doing OK.

ETA I've just seen the price. I'm not sure it's good enough for that price. Fair play to them if they can get it, though, and they do seem to have a wait list.
Well it's a no go. But thanks for offer.

ponyparty

Visit site
Wouldn’t touch PB with a barge pole if I were you. You’re not too far from me, and they’re far enough away for you not to be able to keep a close eye on your horse. Which you would 100% need to. I’ll never - NEVER - forgive myself for sending my horse there. Admittedly I would have realised what was going on and removed him sooner if it weren’t for lockdown. Still breaks my heart to think of it now though.

PurBee

Visit site
Wouldn’t touch PB with a barge pole if I were you. You’re not too far from me, and they’re far enough away for you not to be able to keep a close eye on your horse. Which you would 100% need to. I’ll never - NEVER - forgive myself for sending my horse there. Admittedly I would have realised what was going on and removed him sooner if it weren’t for lockdown. Still breaks my heart to think of it now though.
I was looking at track livery places uk/ire recently, and found them. The mature oaks as the only ‘fresh green food’ available is a concern, aswell as pics of horses eating them!
There’s some track liveries that do a ‘dual’ system, dry track/hay with some grazing fresh grass turn-out if wanted. Best of both worlds, suiting all types of management. One in norfolk is excellent but quite expensive at @500pcm.

ponyparty

Visit site
I was looking at track livery places uk/ire recently, and found them. The mature oaks as the only ‘fresh green food’ available is a concern, aswell as pics of horses eating them!
Plus their trimmer butchered my horse’s feet; they didn’t notify me that he was so lame all round that he was shuffling around like an old man; they wouldn’t send me videos of him moving on request (suggesting that they knew darned well he was crippled); and I have good reason to believe that they withheld the pain relief I left for him in the week or so that I had to leave him there while I organised transport and somewhere to move him to 🙃 they certainly had some strange - and ultimately very harmful - ideas. I have to try not to think about it because it still makes me so angry and upset.

PurBee

Visit site
Plus their trimmer butchered my horse’s feet; they didn’t notify me that he was so lame all round that he was shuffling around like an old man; they wouldn’t send me videos of him moving on request (suggesting that they knew darned well he was crippled); and I have good reason to believe that they withheld the pain relief I left for him in the week or so that I had to leave him there while I organised transport and somewhere to move him to 🙃 they certainly had some strange - and ultimately very harmful - ideas. I have to try not to think about it because it still makes me so angry and upset.
That’s shocking. The whole point of full livery is experienced carers for peace of mind for horse and owner. Well done for getting him moved off. I hope he’s thriving now.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I can confirm that PonyPartys photos at the time were absolutely shocking. I'm sure she won't mind me saying that she sent them to me to be sure she wasn't overreacting.

ponyparty

Visit site
That’s shocking. The whole point of full livery is experienced carers for peace of mind for horse and owner. Well done for getting him moved off. I hope he’s thriving now.
Sadly I lost him a month later to a catastrophic injury in the field. At least I got him back to more his usual self, full of the joys of life (hooves flying in all directions 😂) before he went, with a shiny coat and not in pain, until the injury.

PurBee

Visit site
Sadly I lost him a month later to a catastrophic injury in the field. At least I got him back to more his usual self, full of the joys of life (hooves flying in all directions 😂) before he went, with a shiny coat and not in pain, until the injury.
Im so sorry to hear you endured that. Its a blessing though you got to enjoy him fulling being himself before the tragic injury. I can understand why the preceeding treatment at PB still hurts x

ponyparty

Visit site
I can confirm that PonyPartys photos at the time were absolutely shocking. I'm sure she won't mind me saying that she sent them to me to be sure she wasn't overreacting.
And I am still very grateful for your advice and support at the time. Thank you x