Traditional cob showing

Lacuna

Visit site
I did a tiny local show last December just for the hell of it (something I've never done before) and the judge said the bog beast would do quite well in a Trad Cob or Gypsy Vanner Class. Anybody know of some fun shows in the Oxfordshire area?

Best pics I could find of him side on - any thoughts of what else he could be entered for? Would I be able to go into coloured classes as he has quite a white belly? I don't think I could go for a Ridden Cob as I think they have to be hogged and I just couldn't do that!

He's my little happy hacker so I'm really in two minds as to whether to bother as I'm not competitive at all.

Summer Coat last year side 3.jpg
Winter Hairy incarnation - this winter
side2.jpg

blitznbobs

Visit site
Most cob classes are both types at local level so I’d go for those- I doubt he’d do well in coloured classes as splash isn’t usually seen as truly coloured. Does he jump? Working cob would be an option or what about riding club horse/ pony... equitation or best turned out can be done on any horse .

meleeka

Visit site
There are usually ridden traditional classes at local shows. You might also find a potential driving horse class and there’s the usual best condition, turnout classes.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
You could do ridden cob if it's a local show as it basically means any cob type, they dont have to be hogged, I don't think his classed as a coloured not got enough white on him, how tall is he?

conniegirl

Visit site
Unfortunately for coloured classes they need to have a splodge above the level of the stifle, so belly splashes dont count.

However you may find at local shows there is an “odd coloured” class for duns/pallys/roans

Lacuna

Visit site
You could do ridden cob if it's a local show as it basically means any cob type, they dont have to be hogged, I don't think his classed as a coloured not got enough white on him, how tall is he?

Thanks, I thought that it might be the case, I wasn't sure how much colour you need to have for coloured classes.

He's 14hh, although he does look like a larger hoss that got shrunk in the wash. Our YO calls him the mini-shire (she has a 8mth old Shire that's taller than him!)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Thanks, I thought that it might be the case, I wasn't sure how much colour you need to have for coloured classes.

He's 14hh, although he does look like a larger hoss that got shrunk in the wash. Our YO calls him the mini-shire (she has a 8mth old Shire that's taller than him!)

He does look like a mini shire his very cute, good luck with the showing.