Trail bikes and quads

Elanorg

Visit site
Over the last few weeks we have been having problems with a group of lads on trail bikes and quads. Often there's a group of up to six bikes and a couple of quads. So far we've had them speeding past us when hacking, slowing down and revving as hard as possible when next to us and even swerving towards us.

The police were called on Saturday as they very nearly caused a serious accident, the police had already been made aware and were patrolling trying to find them.

It's turning into a nightmare, especially with the youngsters as they seem to be doing a circular route and passed the yard (which is up a long narrow lane) at least five times on Saturday.

Has anyone else experienced them? Think it might help if people can pass on incident numbers and sightings etc.

This was around South Bradford, Bierley, Cleckheaton and upto Farsley.

hnmisty

Visit site
I used to ride at a yard in Farnley (not too far from Farsely, I think?) and I remember on one hack we encountered some little *****s on moped-scootery type things. The saw us coming down a side lane, so turned round and revved past us on the road they were on when we reached it.

They turned round to come past again, and the instructor pulled his rather large (destrier type) horse into the middle of the road and made it prance around enough to make them worry about their little pop pop bikes. They started giving him lip, I can't remember what he replied with, but one of them even gave a very sheepfaced apology before they disappeared rather more sedately.

This was about 4 years ago, so maybe some of them are the older generation of your lot of *****s?

I HATE trail bikes, even when I'm just out on foot. So bloody noisy :mad:

Elanorg

Visit site
I wouldn't mind if they slowed down, which they were doing a few weeks ago (when there were only 2 or 3 together), now they're going out in groups of up to 10 and are purposefully trying to upset the horses. A nightmare as the lane from the yard is narrow on quite a hill so nowhere to escape.

At least the police are aware and trying to do something but when there's a group that size revving even the most bombproof horses are getting understandably upset.