Trailblazers dressage report - so happy!!!!

helenandshadow

Visit site
I apologise in advance for the completely self indulgent post! Went to Trailblazers at Golden Cross today for P10 and N21. Didn't have high hopes as in my lesson yesterday we were really struggling with the canters across the diagonal in the prelim and it was our first novice.

She warmed up beautifully and in the prelim she was so relaxed it was unbelieveable (this is the pony that used to be soooo tense and rushed). I thought our test was good but I didn't realise how good! Some of the scores went up and I was absolutely gobsmacked to see we got 70%
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
There was 1 other person on 70% and 2 left to go. The class finished and I WON!!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I really couldn't believe it!!
grin.gif
There were 18 in the class and some seriously smart horses, I beat my instructor too (who is a BD judge!) which she probably wasn't too pleased about!
wink.gif
We got 2 8's and 7's for both canters across the diagonal, in the collectives we got 7's for paces and impulsion and 8's for submission and my riding!!
laugh.gif
Comments said she needs to keep the impulsion going and step under more especially in canter, which I think was fair and now we've finally got rid of the tension we can work on that.
smile.gif

By this point I was so happy I didn't care what happened in the novice. I think she was a bit tired but she did some nice trotwork. We were about to start our second canter half circle and the judge beeped the horn, she thought I had gone wrong when actually I hadn't.
crazy.gif
We lost our rhythm a bit after that and the rest of our test wasn't as good but still not too bad. I don't think the judge particularly liked us but never mind. We came last but there were only 6 in it and all the scores were close together with the winner on 65%. We got 58% which I'm really pleased with for our first novice and we got 2 7's for our trot. The comments said a promising start but then lost her quarters and her outline became long.

All in all a fantastic day and we qualified for the second rounds at both prelim and novice. I love my pony!! Videos will be up later. Well done if you got this far!
smile.gif

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
That was a fantastic result you must be so pleased. I felt proud of you being a fellow HHO and all that!
Your pony is lovely, who do you have lessons with?
Shame about the novice, why did the judge beep the horn like that?
58% is quite a good score for a first novice, did you qualify for 2nd round then? My first novice with Axey I got 47%!

Nice to speak to you today, probably see you again soon.

Hattikins

Visit site
Bless you and Shad!!
grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You cant imagine how pleased i am for you!
grin.gif
cool.gif
She is such a superstar but you've worked so hard on her - HUGE WELL DONE
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

helenandshadow

Visit site
Thanks guys, I'm over the moon with Shad!
laugh.gif
I can't tell you how shocked I was though!

Seahorse I'm sooo sorry I completely didn't recognise you to begin with!
blush.gif
Was lovely to see you again today, saw your scores, well done!
smile.gif
I've been having lessons with Alison Short, she's fantastic and was competing a friend from my yard's pony today (grey connie). The judge thought I'd gone wrong, think she got a bit confused but we didn't actually go wrong and we didn't get any marks deducted. Yes we qualified for the 2nd rounds, only just though.
wink.gif

Halfpass

Visit site
Well done what fab result. I didn't get to see your test but was around with Seahorse. Was Jane Bwye the judge in your last class? If so I have found her quite a fair marker, its such a shame she thought you had gone wrong, it must have really dissrupted your test. Well done for getting through to 2nd round. Whens your next outing?

helenandshadow

Visit site
Thanks! Yes it was Jane Bwye, was very pleased with the score and we all make mistakes sometimes! Not sure when our next dressage outing is but the next Trailblazers at GX is on a Wednesday and I'll be back at school then, doing a few hunter trials in September though. Will try and upload the vids tomorrow because they're too big for youtube.