Trailblazers qualifers venue- is it worth complaining?????????

charlie76

Visit site
Just wondered whether it would be worth informing trailblazers about the venue I went to at the weekend for a qualifier?
The car park was full of pot holes with puddles that were around 9 inches deep, you couldn;t get out of the lorry without water going past your ankles!

The warm up arena was a 20 x 40 school of sand which was , other than a space of around a 5 m circle completely under water of at least 6 inches and more! There was also jump wings with the cups left on them facing inwards in the school. The gate only open just about wide enough for 1 average size horse to get through safely.

In the arena itself( which was indoors) the school hadn't been levelled at all and there were banks up the side of the wall of about a foot high alongside the track. To top it all there were a 'pack' of digs howling outside the school which then turned into howling and jumping up the side of the walls and scratching at them- nearly every horse spooked inc ponies with small children on.

This is not sour grapes as I took my wobbly baby out just for experience but surely this isn't acceptable for a qualfier?

ihatework

Visit site
probably not worth complaining, but if its a certain **ahem** oxfordshire venue I wouldn't waste the entry and diesel money in future
shocked.gif

SillyMare

Visit site
Likewise, I would just vote with my feet. There are plenty of other venues around that run Trailblazers things.

The whole experience might have been a useful part of growing up for your baby horse (unless he was completely traumatised by the whole thing). There is a venue near me with a very spooky indoor school and I think it does them good to go there and do dressage from time to time.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I dont think you can complain because I dont think Trailblazers really care TBH! Its not like they check venues (like the BSJA do) before allowing them to hold qualifiers. Just dont go again.