Trailblazers Showjumping Qualifiers Report

Javabb94

Visit site
We took Java to the Trailblazers Qualifiers at Greenlands Equestrian Centre to jump the 85cm and 95cm today. Didn't get off to a good start when he decided he didn't want to load! We were rescued by another livery who lent us a lunge line as ours was at home!

6d596e78470cc061ed4268c5b6e0ee9d_zps3f7b8b09.jpg

Eventually hopped on board for the 85cm and were 3rd in. Normally here he has a few stops in the first class due to the bright and scary fillers! I rode positively and we were clear until the last fence and then had a last stride run out! Gutted! Quite a few horses were doing it and it was quite a plain fence. They think possibly it was the giant cracker decorations on the wall behind. Would explain it as he spooked at those when we first entered the ring. Many of the fillers he stopped at last time he popped first time so there is defintely improvement. He is getting braver.
Inbetween classes he decided that every grey horse should be his friend and he proceded to whinny at them all getting upset when they left the collecting ring. He hasn't done this for about 18 months so I was quite surprised, But I have learned to ignore it now.

6c7b651ce03355e5122429c8e9cf1aee_zps730f263c.jpg

Next up was the 95cm which was very up to height! He jumped a super round and didn't look at anything, however got a little close to a big skinny oxer at fence 3 and rolled front pole, and at the last fence he just clipped it. Still happy as it was a much more 'grown-up' round from him. Even though he is 15 he is more like a 6 year old in his experience so I have to be on my toes with him!

The full report is on my blog - http://naviculartoeventer.weebly.com/index.html

04b3d979da920f6862882df682ed3a68_zps1baa4858.jpg

Last edited:

Javabb94

Visit site
Nice report sounds like you are getting there, the jumps look very christmassy!

Thanks :)- Yes I was shocked by the Santa's etc at each fence! They had them last week at the workers but I didn't think they would have them at the jumping.

I sympathise with the every grey horse is my friend, we have similar issues :p

Sounds like a very productive outing :)

Its a nightmare isn't it? Instead of concentrating on the task in hand he was more interested in calling to all the greys :)

284 views and 2 replys! It really has gone quiet on here.

Thankyou to dieseldog and only_me

I should also point out my blog address has changed to http://ashotateventing.weebly.com

Jesstickle

Visit site
I don't have a whinny at everyone horse but they always brighten my day when there is one out. Daft beggar.

That does look like a decent 95! Mind you, everything looks big to me at the moment. Thanks for reporting and well done :)

Javabb94

Visit site
Nice report and pics, well done :)

I love your reports and seeing what Java is up to :) you do such a good job with him, well done!

Thanks - its nice to know people enjoy them, he is hard work!

Well done. Sounds like a successful outing. :smile3:

I didn't realise he was as old as 15.

Most people don't realise :) I often get asked 'is he just a baby?' Its really embarrassing to say he is 15

A great report, well done. Those jumps do look bright!!

If you can jump at this venue you can jump anywhere! Thanks:)

He looks great, maybe the saying "with age comes wisdom" might be true for him at least :D

Hopefully, it better had be true before we do BE again next year!

Javabb94

Visit site
well done :)

Well done, the arena certainly looks an eyeful.

I have a grey who is happy to be everyone;s friend!

It certainly is an eyeful! Haha I think Java would love another grey friendship :biggrin3:

I don't have a whinny at everyone horse but they always brighten my day when there is one out. Daft beggar.

That does look like a decent 95! Mind you, everything looks big to me at the moment. Thanks for reporting and well done :)
Thanks :) Its so embarrassing when he does it! It was a decent 95 - not jumped one quite that up to height before - the 1m workers here last week felt much smaller!

pootleperkin

Visit site
The Greenland jumps are great, I reckon if they can deal with all of those bright fillers they can deal with anything! I have sky there every two weeks for Susie Gibson lessons, so she is getting used to them!

That 95 definitely looked up to height, well done!