Trailblazers SJ report

lizzie_liz

Visit site
Apologies if this makes little sense but am knackered and feel tipsy even having only had 2 drinks!

Anyway i had qualified for the senior 85cm and we opted for spending the weekend there. My class didn't start till the middle of the afternoon so had plenty of time to make Honey all tidy!
it was run 2 phase which works well as i could keep a nice rhythm! Jumped the first part of the course and she jumped a really nice clear, it flowed and there was no spookyness. then it was straight onto the JO. i decided to go for it after all mum had spent £200 in getting here so was not going to hack around the fences! However the Jo for me got as far as the 3rd fence! She jumped the first 2 really well and then out of the blue slammed on the brakes as if an invisible wall appeared in front of us. this resulted in me going over the fence and leaving Honey on the other side. So we were eliminated, but we still carried forward a score of 0 into todays class.
The came todays class, it must have been around 95cm/1m which included a treble with a viaduct in the middle and a water tray. We were 45th to go after finishing 44th yesterday and there had been a mix bag of results. Anyway we went in and jumped another really nice clear, she didn't look at one fence or wasn't bothered about the atmosphere. We had a bit of a wait before the JO but this meant Honey and i could have a breather! Then came the JO, we were 5th to go and the 1st of yesterdays clear so had to go for a clear but with a good time. It all started so well jumpin really well until the penultimate fence when Honey stopped again out the blue and yet again i flew over her head and the fence so yet again we were eliminated!!
All i can say is that i must have been jinxed but we finished 26th out of 92 entered so am pleased but a bit gutted as if i managed to stay on then we would have been placed!

None the less i really enjoyed myself and the courses were really well built so am going to aim for there next year. Mum tried to take some pictures but they were really bad!

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hey well done thats a good result
smile.gif
You kept your calm after the first day and boy what an improvement thats a big move up in places
grin.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
Thanks, with Honey i don't really have the pressure of selling as she is staying in the family. also not bad for a LOU stamp on her back! its only her 8th comp since coming back into competition when she was diagnosed with navicular 4 or 5 yerars ago!