trailer advice

ticobay831

Visit site
Hi guys,
I am looking at buying a new trailer, but cant decide which to go for. I was going to get a ifor williams as the guy who owns the yard has one for sale, but im not convinced its big enough. There didnt seem to be an awfull lot of room when i had two of my horses in together. Its a 505, think i would possibly need the bigger one.
Then theres the Bateson, lovely trailer, i am swaying towards one of them now
confused.gif

Can anyone offer any advice on the above two, or any others, please.
Thanks
Debs x

Halfpass

Visit site
I have an Ifor 510 and would never travel anything over 15hh in anything smaller IMO. The 510 has loads more head room is wider and generally more comfy for the horse.

Iestyn

Visit site
I love my 510 - I only have a 16hh and wouldn't go for the smaller 505 personally, as I like the space the 510 gives. We wonsidered other makes and had a really good look (including asking opinions from others) and to be honest the Ifor's are easy to hitch up on your own, you can manouevere them easier by hand, alloy floors, and the catches and clips are nice and straightforward. Definitely recommended!

elles

community.webshots.com
I have a 510 Classic and just travel my boy who's 16.2 and we have loads of room and he seems to love it as often tries to load himself! I've had it for a few months now and am loving it!

Plus I got a really good deal from a IW dealer and if I had to sell it I could get more than I paid for it!

smile.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
Batesons are fab. Light and very easy to pull. Its white so I think stays cooler plus the inside seems brighter. Little features are excellent. The only problems Ive had with mine (in 4 years) is that the catches on the front ramp door starting looseing themselves in transit, but I spoke to Bateson and they sent me some clips for free which worked a treat. And once my horse somehow managed to open the front jockey door (and then tried to get out of it......)! But he is a fidgety horse so I just lock the door in transit. Apart from that, it still looks like new and has been great. Plus if you get the Ascot, the built in saddle box is very very useful.

Id never buy an Ifor!

Theresa_F

Visit site
I have the baby Bateson and I love it - light, easy to tow and well made.

If I ever buy a larger trailer, I would want another one.

They also seem to be less of a thief magnet than the IWs.