Trailer cameras. Where to buy?

Jesstickle

Visit site
I want a camera for the trailer as every little bang makes me think something awful is happening (because I worry too much). For some reason google is not turning up very much for me.

Those who have them where did you get them?!

Bobbly

Visit site
We bought ours from off of Ebay a 12volt Wireless TFT-LCD, about £200, ours has been wired into cigarette port and hard wired into the side light circuit on the trailer.

SuperH

Visit site
I don't have it in my trailer but we do have one on the baler so you can watch for strings not being tied. My husband bought it on ebay and I'm sure it was under £100.

ROG

Visit site
My usual legal info ...

It is illegal for a driver to view an internal trailer camera whilst driving

not making judgements - just informing

Jesstickle

Visit site
Good to know ROG. I will ensure co-pilot checks it rather than me then :p

I suppose I shouldn't look at my sat nav either but then god only knows how I would get where I was going! :eek:

GeeBee45

Visit site
You could try; http://www.trailervision.co.uk/
Haven't bought any of their products but they look good.
Failing that, if you want to look at stuff in a shop try Maplin or Costco. The former sell loads of different set ups. The latter had a range of wireless security cameras in the last time I went. Although they do seem to buy a load of stuff and sell it before moving onto something else.

No problem looking at your sat nav as it's specifically excluded from the Regs which Rog is talking about. So to are the very nifty cameras fitted to some Land Rover products that show exactly what the front wheels are having to cope with. I really enjoyed the footage whilst going around their obstacle course at Royal Windsor, so much so that I forgot to look where I was actually going....ooops!