Trailer Hitch for IW 505

Jingleballs

Visit site
Can I ask what hitches people use for their 505's?

I'm way overdue buying one and I know that if someone really want's to steal your trailer then a hitch won't stop them but I'd like some sort of deterrant.

Just wondering which ones people recommend? I know their are simple ones that you can use on caravan's etc but do those work?

Having checked with my insurer they do not stipulate the make/model of hitch that you need to use just that you need to have one.

Thanks!

trottingon

Visit site
You will need to give the age of your trailer as the hitches have changed over the years. Your best bet would be to ask your local trailer dealer. I think the make of mine is a Bulldog but I cannot remember the model and I'm in work so I'm not able to check, sorry :eek:)

trottingon

Visit site
Also if you get a wheel lick at any time, always fix it to a rear wheel on the trailer, never a front wheel. This prevents a thief just raising your hitch/jockey wheel over the back if their pickup and driving off with your trailer without having to deal with your hitchlock!

Bubbles

Visit site
Get an alko hitch security ball, eBay, and the best wheel lock you can afford. Sounds awful, we have an assortment of trailers stored at the yard, I made sure my devices were better than everyone else's so mine *might* not get pinched first :D

Jingleballs

Visit site
You will need to give the age of your trailer as the hitches have changed over the years. Your best bet would be to ask your local trailer dealer. I think the make of mine is a Bulldog but I cannot remember the model and I'm in work so I'm not able to check, sorry :eek:)

Can't remember off the top of my head how old it is - I think maybe 2002 model but not ksure - will double check later.