Trailer insurance & breakdown recovery - recommendations?

NativePonyLover

Visit site
As title, really please!

We have just purchased a trailer (exciting times!) & are now looking for insurance and breakdown recovery. I don't mind if insurance & breakdown are two different companies, but ideally looking for some good recommendations.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Used SEIB, and had a callout with them for a broken clutch cable. I think it was RAC or another big company who came out, but they were insistent that they front end suspend tow my box with my horse in it home.

Obviously I refused, and then they made a big effort and got the cable repaired.

Shay

Visit site
We're with SEIB but have never had to call. A friend had her lorry also with SEIB and did have to call. The breakdown guy was good and got the lorry repaired. Probably just as well as they were quoting a 7 - 10 hour wait to recover the horses if the lorry could not be repaired roadside!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I'm with the Association of Horsebox & Trailer Owners (think that's what they are called). Costs me £70 a year and for that they will try to fix car/ trailer on the roadside if safe, change tyres, and if they can't fix at roadside, will send transport for the horse to take either to somewhere local overnight or home, and will rescue the car/ trailer to a garage.

NativePonyLover

Visit site
Fabulous, thanks for all your help - you've all been really helpful :)

I must admit, The Association of Horsebox & Trailer Owners sounds just what I'm looking for.