Trailer Livery

Cloud9

Visit site
Don't quite know if that is the right term but how much do you pay to keep your trailers at your yard?

_daisy_

Visit site
i have my own yard but cant risk my trailer there at the moment as it got seriously vandalised at New Year and over £2k worth of damage to it so I have it at friends yard and we pay £5 per week, its on a very secure yard with CCTV on the trailer area, plus live on site people who regular check the site

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Ar my present yard we are not charged for trailer/horsebox parking. At my previous yard, about 18 months ago, was charging £3 pw for trailers & £5 pw for lorries.

Cloud9

Visit site
Thanks both for replying. I bought a trailer on wednesday, my YO does not want any rent - just use of the trailer!!! I want to pay rent and make my own mind up on my trailer use - only an old one but still 800 quid of my hard earned cash. not even used it myself yet and she wants me to leave it unlocked so she can start trailer training with her horse. Talk about taking the excitement away = feel like sending it back as would rather pay rent and please myself then be beholding to someone cause they let me keep it for free. Got nowhere else to keep it unfortunately.

scally

Visit site
I wont have trailers or lorries kept on the yard, as it increased my insurance premuims a lot, and owners moan about paying a weekly rent to cover the cost, so the easiest option is not to have them.

That said, however I feel your YO is taking a little liberty. If I was you offer to pay the additional premium on the insurance, rather than let them use the trailer as dates may clash when you want, unless an emergency to get a horse to the vets, maybe that will help them change their mind.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Just to show my ignorance a bit - I had no idea that the reason that some yards charge for parking boxes was because of the insurance! I just thought it was greed.... :O

NeilM

Visit site
I pay £10 per month. Mine is stored with other trailers from a livery yard, although I'm not on the yard.

I would not like an arrangement where someone had use of my trailer whenever they wanted. If they want a trailer that badly, they can do the same as the rest of us, and buy their own.