Trailer or horse box

Horsey191

New User
Visit site
Hi
I have had a trailer for 3 years and my horse is a nightmare to load he is not frightened he is just stubborn, using lines to get him in but he has got wise to that, was wondering if it would be easier to get a horse box or would that not really solve the issue

Thank ?

CMcC

Visit site
Have you tried removing the patrtition? My mare could take 2 hours to load until I removed partition then she would load straight away, I cross tied her and she travelled well.

I did switch to a lorry as I hate towing, I found all mine load better into lorry. Apart from one who has never got his head around up the ramp turn right compared to straight ahead into tailer. He goes up lorry ramp and just faces the side wall! Refuses to move!

Horsey191

New User
Visit site
Have you tried removing the patrtition? My mare could take 2 hours to load until I removed partition then she would load straight away, I cross tied her and she travelled well.

I did switch to a lorry as I hate towing, I found all mine load better into lorry. Apart from one who has never got his head around up the ramp turn right compared to straight ahead into tailer. He goes up lorry ramp and just faces the side wall! Refuses to move!
Thanks yip tried partition out and cross ties but he didn’t like that, we have the partition up but the back end to the side if that makes sense as he likes to lean his bum on the side of trailer lol

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hi
I have had a trailer for 3 years and my horse is a nightmare to load he is not frightened he is just stubborn, using lines to get him in but he has got wise to that, was wondering if it would be easier to get a horse box or would that not really solve the issue

Thank ?
I would have a horsebox over a trailer any day. I like the vehicle with my horse to be in my control after a horrific trailer accident with my late mare.

bubsqueaks

Visit site
Horses can be such contrary fairies!
Some like trailers, some like lorries, some like nothing at all!
Ive had both - I have a 6.5 ton lorry & have had issues loading 2 of mine, whereas walked straight onto trailer!
I would highly recommend a Richard Maxwell training halter to overcome the planting issues.