Trailer test/lessons Buckinghamshire

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Hey all!
looking for recommendations on companies to take my trailer test with in/near Buckinghamshire,
TIA!

ROG

Visit site
Why do you need to take it?
I ask because many think they do but if only trailering one horse then that can be done with a B licence

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I ask because many think they do but if only trailering one horse then that can be done with a B licence
I want the option of being able to take two horses. Picking up a friend en route etc.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Although that’s really interesting, because I initially thought you had to take a test if you wanted to tow more than just a small car trailer!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Although that’s really interesting, because I initially thought you had to take a test if you wanted to tow more than just a small car trailer!

Do I need to take a trailer test?
Despite what many people think, there is actually no such thing as a ‘trailer licence’. Depending on the weight of the load you plan to tow you might need to take an additional category driving test to upgrade your existing licence.

Here’s how it works. It depends on when you passed your driving test.

If you passed your driving test after January 2013 in a car or small vehicle (called category B), you are allowed to tow:

• A small trailer weighing less than 750kg.
  • A trailer over 750kg provided the combined weight of the trailer and towing vehicle is less than 3,500kg (MAM).
So if you want to tow a trailer weighing more than 750kg, or when the combined weight of both vehicles is more than 3,500kg, you’ll need to pass a new test to get your B+E entitlement on your existing licence.

If you passed your driving test after January 1st 1997 and have an ordinary category B (car) licence, you are allowed to:

• Drive a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes OR 3,500kg MAM towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM
  • Tow a trailer over 750kg MAM, provided the combined weight of both vehicles is less than 3,500kg.
So for anything heavier than this you will need to take a category B+E driving test.