Trailer test

Bossanova

Visit site
Ok, I managed to reverse the trailer into a teny tiny spot last night so, whilst I've never actually driven the thing except in reverse, I want to take my trailer test asap!!
Are there any restrictions on age/length of normal licence held for? Can I take it at any test centre? And how large is the test trailer??

Thankyou!!

Claireg9

Visit site
Just lost my whole post
frown.gif
damn computers.. anyway as i was saying, i did exactly that the first time drove/reveresed my trailer. I still can reverse although occasionally shuffle a couple of times first, but our yard is quite tight at times, cars are always in the way. I didnt know you had to tell them where the brake fuid is though i'll have to brush up on that! As to where, you have to take it at a lorry test centre, and as B+E is a new one, not many have the sufficent vehicles so you have to supply your own! Blummin cheek as firstly you might not have a trailer secondly you have to get someone to sit by you to get it to the test centre in the first place and thirdly they dont reduce the cost any!!
Good luck though, im right there with you!
Cx

_daisy_

Visit site
i know. Im really lucky as i have both a disco and a trailer. However dont know how my mum will feel me taking my test with a new Equitrek????
crazy.gif

yes there are a good few things to brush up on before the test. me thinks dad is going to have to give me some help under the bonnet!!
tongue.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Think they recommend a lesson before taking your test. I must so mine would be a godsend. I also think you do it with a flat bed trailer which is much easier than a horse box as far better visibility.

chipsnham

Visit site
Good luck with your test, my daughter has just taken her's and failed for not looking over her shoulder in reversing!! She was really ticked off as the examiner said she is a really good driver! The test costs £90 so I suggest you have a lesson or 2 before you set of, I know the driving on the road is approx 1 hour plus the questions on loading and how you know your car suitable to tow etc.