Trailer tyres

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I need to get some new tyres for my trailer, I've found the size and that they need to be 6 or 8 ply and was thinking they'd cost a lot of money, however I phone a local place today, who can do 8 ply in the right size for £42 each!! does this sound too cheap? I've not had to replace them before and my friend said that when she did hers they were more like £85 each?

Translationsneeded

Visit site
I’ve just bought some new ones online for £32 each. I just got the spec off the existing tyre (got my brother mechanic to check) and bought them. When he looked at what his garage could buy them in for, they were £70 each.

dibbin

Visit site
Mine were about £60 each, but that was for new wheels too so £42 doesn't sound unusual - I would double check that your wheels tyres are definitely rated to take the weight of your trailer though, the ones that were on mine when I bought it were not remotely suitable and they had apparently been fitted by a pro.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
yes see that is what I'm worried about! I don't want to buy something that isn't right! which is why I worry that £42 sounds cheap :/

it's a mine field!

Thanks for your comments though guys :)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
The place that services my trailer buys tyres in the size commonly used on Ifor Trailers in bulk. 18 months ago it cost me £35 per tyre to get all 4 replaced.

A tip. Don't assume that the tyres currently fitted to a trailer are the correct ones unless you have owned it or known it from new, so be careful of replacing like with like. Best check with the manufacturer before splashing out.

popsdosh

Visit site
Make sure they are marked with a 'C' in the size as they are approved for trailer use ie an ifor HB510 would need a 165/80R13C . You can buy tyres the same size that are only suitable for cars and they are an accident waiting to happen.

AandK

Visit site
I've had new tyres on my trailer recently, the cheapest I could find them online was for £48 each, they are proper trailer tyres.