trailers...

L

lilym

looking into changing my trailer next year.... mine is big and old!! still in good nick though and will do someone proud, but i'm looking for
*something light and airy
*roomy inside as my cob can be a bit claustrophobic
*front unload
i used to have use of an ifor hb510 but this model is probably too big as cobbie is only 14hh although i am looking for a showcob one day so must carry a stocky 15.2hh in comfort, i would also prefer a left hand front unload.
what are sinclair trailers like?? equitreks look mahoosive are they?? don't need living.....any other recommendations, i would like one that is light (easier to manovore onto car!) and neat looking!! fautras well out of range i'm sorry to say!!
shocked.gif

clipertyplop

Visit site
i have a bateson boston i love it, i can move it round on my own if need be,also fitted with a reverse mirror so i dont even have to get out of car to reverse onto it,its light and airy fits 2 17.2hh and and has a special paint on that reflects the sun in the summer so stays nice and cool..has the barn doors fitted so has other uses too .... recomended

MagicMelon

Visit site
Batesons are all of your 'wants'! Sinclairs are nice but Id say Batesons are better (we've had both). The Ascot is the best in the range, is most roomy, very light (its all white), comes with a built in tack cupboard in the front, excellent rubber matting etc.

druid

Visit site
I love my Sinclair, much better to tow than an Ifor (Have a "spare" Ifor sitting on the tarmac doing nada because horses hate it)

Kermie

Visit site
Bateson Ascot for me too - you can get American doors rather than a back ramp if you prefer. I like the Pegasus too though.

Not keen on the Cheval or Robinsons - I think they are a bit flimsy.

Caritas

Visit site
I love my ifor 401 single trailer. I have a 16.2 warmblood and he loves it, lots of space for one horse up to a double , your only problem would be the front unload is on the wrong side for you!! Good luck in whatever you choose

Theresa_F

Visit site
I have the baby Bateson - the Derby which is fine for my gypsy cob who is only 14.2 at the moment.

It is very light and gives a lovely ride. Has 7' head room and can take a larger horse by removing the partition and changing the back bar to a single one - which is what the Bateson mare and foal trailer is.

Only problem is that it is rear unload, which for me is not a problem - Chancer is excellent to load and unload.

I did look at the larger models, which I would have loved, but am using my car to tow so weight was a major consideration.

The Batesons all seem to be excellent value for money.

If Chancer should turn into a huge 15.3 cob, and the weight being more than my car will safely tow, then it will be change of vehicle and I would strongly consider another Bateson or keep my little one converted to a single box.

I did have a Sinclair, very light and nice trailers, and if you don't mind the fact that they are getting on, mine was again a lovely trailer to tow.

One final thing, Batesons and Sinclairs seem to be less of a tea leaf magnet than the Ivors.

Willow1

Visit site
I have had 2 Ifor Williams (505 & 510) and now have a Wessex which I absolutely love!
It has cushioned padded sides inside, a rubber floor which is easy to sweep out (unlike Ifor), and I paid a little extra and have 2 additional windows at the front plus the middle window which makes it really light inside.
Definately recommend!