Trailers?

SSM

Visit site
Right this is all hypothetical at the moment (in case Mr Stinkerstonker reads it
shocked.gif
) If you had about £3K to spend what trailer would you buy for a 16.1hh horse? and why would you recommend it?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Either of the IW's! The 505 will be big enough but the 510 would give you more room. Would also depend on your vehicle too, you would definitely need a robust 4x4 not just a pretend one! They all tow beautifully, easy to handle with robust fittings and most horses travel well in them. (I know there are exceptions to every case!!) Also, if it's only for MiniStonks ever, the 410 could be a good option; same size as 510 but narrower, known as a mare & foal trailer; you might possibly get away with a Freelander then if that should be your choice.

Alibear

Visit site
A Rice every time, fab trailers and last really really well, horses seem to like them to.

At 16.1 I probably go for the bigger one designed for 2 x 16.2 and up.

Caritas

Visit site
Ifor williams 410, I have a 16.2 warmblood thats quite short in the back and he fits in it perfectly. Had the 510 version before and found that the partition didnt give you enough room to put tack or rugs on inside if needed. I have 410 with one horse and would not swap it for anything, except a lorry of course!!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Any of the Ifor williams trailers are good, they are sturdy, smart, have a very good resale value and horses seem to travel extremely well in them on the whole!!

RachelB

Visit site
An Ifor (don't know the models though), the best one I could afford.
Of course if I had £3k to spend on anything, the first thing I'd do is wake up from my wonderful dream...
smirk.gif

SilverSkye

Visit site
Firstly congratulations on your show hadnt logged on for ages and just had a flick through you and gala did so well! are you going to the next one on the 6th august?? am hoping to get along with my mare!
Now back to trailers having just sold my lorry i am in the process of buying and have roughly £3k to spend i used to have a 510 ifor but my mare wasnt good unloading from it used to explode out of it, have just borrowed a richardson supreme ( the bigger one cant remember what its called) and have to admit to really liking it and its much more roomy than the ifor.
If you are thinking appleyard at Strelley village are excellent have various models in stock and you can compare them side by side ( i fell in love with an equi trek but cant really warrant £6 k on a trailer!) were very helpful and not at all pushy.
Lisa xx