Trainer deliberately dehydrates horse fined

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I was speechless when I read this in today's Western Morning News,
"Laura Young of Bridgewater Somerset has been baned for 6 months and fined £1000 for restricting her horse's water intake for 52 hours in the hope it would not have a bleed in a sellers race at Plumpton"
The gelding received NO water for 52 hours save what Mrs Y describes as a wet sponge a couple of times before it ran abd mouthful's of water.
The ban is a farce because this unpleasant character simply transferred her horses into her husband's care.
A more fitting puishment would be to lock Mrs Young in a room and restrict her water for 52 hours , anyone agree?
What a wicked thing to do to a horse, it must have felt so ill...

Abbeygale

Visit site
That is horrific! And what a rubbish fine anyway for being so cruel

Definitely lock her in a room and just give her a couple of damp sponges for 52 hrs .

Poor horse :(

somethingorother

Visit site
Surely any horse deprived of water for that long is going to do very badly in a race. I don't understand the point, it is surely counterproductive for a trainer to do this, even if it was to prevent a bleed... just don't run the horse until it is ok.

Confused...

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
The worst of it was not only did she do that but she also gave it tranexamic acid (?) which tested positive after winning the race....
All I can say is I hope said horse went to a better home and more knowledgeable trainer than it had previously..